Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

• Sponsors (?)

Uhh, Darth Vader in the garage eh?
They are both going to the drag strip this Friday! Should be a good run, both should be 12s capable
F8AC6313-958E-4BFD-963D-33D76640CD0A.jpeg

• Loved It!
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I always get hesitant when I see it above that 11.6 range. It only seems to do it at night for whatever reason. During the day she’s nice and fat at 11.2-11.3. Not sure where timing is at but I’m thinking of asking him to throw in another percent of fuel for a safety margin even at the expense of power
Better air at night !

That mph is awesome! You're breaking into the 12's if it hooks. However, hooking also tends to break stuff - so you might not really want that. You should be super happy with your car and all of your hard work to get it to this point. That is a fast street car and pretty decent numbers for a convertible!

Speaking of that, my local track will kick you out for anything faster than 14.0s with a convertible that doesn't have a cage. My buddies with convertibles used to 1/8 mile race most of the night to get their launch down, and then let her rip for one full 1/4 before they get the boot from the marshals. Good times!

Reactions: 1 users
That mph is awesome! You're breaking into the 12's if it hooks. However, hooking also tends to break stuff - so you might not really want that. You should be super happy with your car and all of your hard work to get it to this point. That is a fast street car and pretty decent numbers for a convertible!

Speaking of that, my local track will kick you out for anything faster than 14.0s with a convertible that doesn't have a cage. My buddies with convertibles used to 1/8 mile race most of the night to get their launch down, and then let her rip for one full 1/4 before they get the boot from the marshals. Good times!
Thank you, I really appreciate the kind words! I would’ve loved to see the 12 second run but I have no doubt between the trap speed and the mph gain between the 1/8 and 1/4 that the car has the power, just can’t put it down. That’s part me, part tires. Our local track is very relaxed about the rules, had two passes under 13.49 and not even a warning.

Wish this came a day sooner but I upgraded the factory vortech bypass valve for the Bosch 710N which comes factory on some Audi/VW cars. Stronger 14.4lb spring to handle higher boost
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user