95 5.0 running pretty hot

TeamStang

Oct 10, 2011
Florida
sup guys new to the forum just got the car a few days ago its a 95 5.0 5 speed pretty stock but has intake an exhgust but i am really wanting to do some things to add some hp!!! any one have some ideas for me i head of the head swap an im thinking of doing that but would like some more input on doing it. an wat all will i need for a good swap??

my mane problem rite now is the car is running pretty hot an i dont an dont thing its susposed to get so warm dosent over heat but seems like it comes cloest to it the gauage neital goses well over normal then back to in between
r-m i changed the thermostat an i dont no weater its my raditator or waterpump someone help me out plzz :D

• Sponsors (?)

My mustang always had heating issues in Texas heat. The problem is the crappy stock radiator.

I ran with manual fan switch as well but it still couldn't always keep up in stop and go traffic with a/c on.

One day on a road trip, my radiator let go. I ordered the Summit universal radiator, which you will find threads for on this forum. BEST mod I ever did.

I could run the car with no fan at all usually and only needed the fan around town in heat. I ran this setup with a 180 stat and loves it. it is quite a big thicker and was not hard to install. You do some flipping of stock mounts and it works. I also made a hold down strap for the top and bolted that to an existing hole in the engine bay.

do yourself a favor.

This is a performance mod as well. My car ran consistently 1.5 mph faster at the track when it was under 185 degrees. at 200 degrees it would slow down quite a bit. I had a mechanical autometer so I could always peak on the c-pillar and see if it was read for a pass.

got bad head gaskets guys cant beleave it but just gonna get it fixed.. how dose every one feel with 4.10 gears to low my cuz have a pro charged mach 1 an he say to go with 4.10s but i still wanna drive it on the high way any input would be nice thanks

I don't think they teach proper spelling and grammar in schools these days. :rolleyes: Too many times I'm seeing posts that are almost incomprehensible. TeamStang please take note if you want us to understand what you're talking about.