95 Cobra advice needed

shonoff

Dec 16, 2004
Ohio
Hey all, just got rid of my 93 GT today and picked up a 95 Cobra. Since you guys know this car better than me, I wanted to get some advice on what mods to do. Its allready got 4:10 gears, unequal shorties, off road pipe, flowmaster catbacks, hurst shifter, mac cai, and underdrive pullies. Im looking into h/c/i combos, but dont know what a cobra responds well to. So if anyone can throw me some advice it would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

ive heard the crane 2031 goes really well with the cobra. thats prob going to be my next mod (after i get the @##@*^ nitrous done). along with a tmoss ported cobra lower i expect to see some decent gains, along with a nice lopey idle :).

if your on a budget like i am, I am very pleased with my cam/intake setup. I just have the stock GT40 irons with ford E-303 cam and street heat intake. Made 280/312, i dont think I've seen anyone make numbers that high with stock heads. Im pretty sure the Ecam and street heat are pretty much perfect with the stock GT40 heads, so thats just an idea for you.

if your on a budget like i am, I am very pleased with my cam/intake setup. I just have the stock GT40 irons with ford E-303 cam and street heat intake. Made 280/312, i dont think I've seen anyone make numbers that high with stock heads. Im pretty sure the Ecam and street heat are pretty much perfect with the stock GT40 heads, so thats just an idea for you.

did you run different valvetrain at all? or did you just toss in the cam, and tune it?

wait so with cam swaps alone it sounds like u guys r making 265+whp...one 270 and other 280....thats not bad..alot of HCI combos are in that upper range. heh id probably lean towards that crane cam for the cobra tho. id be afraid of driveability issues with an e-cam

with boltons and a stock tune I made 250rwhp @ 11.9:1 a/f. if i would have played with the fpr and timing a little more it easily would have made over 260rwhp. on a cold night it went the time in the sig on street tires, so it obviously was making 260+

This is a very intresting thread. My cobra is completely stock except for mufflers and I am planning on doing gears, full exhaust, CAI, and possibly something like a trickflow stage1 cam. If ya'll are getting those kinds of numbers with the stock heads and intake aftermarket heads and intake aren't going to very make big differences on a stock shortblock.
I might just get the stock lower intake ported and leave the heads alone for awhile.

You have gotten good info for sure :D
but
Like has already been said .....

If you could be more specific about what you are trying
to accomplish ... you can get more than ... general info.

I'm very happy with my combo :nice:
cause
I wanted to build a foundation for:

1) 300+ NA rwhp ;)
2) Strong low & mid range torque band
3) Pull to 6K before falling off
4) Close to stock like drivability

It required more money than a budget combo
therefore
It may not be suitable for others :shrug:

It required a custom tune for drivability
therefore
It may not be suitable for others :shrug:

See what I mean about how it could be more helpful if ...........
Your discussion here can become more specific :)

Grady