95 Gt Windshield Wiper Problem

casey94

May 18, 2015
I am having a problem with my 95 gt. The windshield wipers wont turn off everything else works. I have a 98 gt that had no problems i took the motor and switch and swaped them out. I am still having the same problem all wires look good. Has anyone ever had this problem befor

• Sponsors (?)

I'd have suspected the multifunction switch was broken / short-circuited internally. Is that the switch you swapped over (the turn signal lever and wiper controls from the steering column?)

There's also a wiper control module which might be messed up. It contains some relays, one of which may be stuck closed.

If found this on 2carpros via Google Search:

I have a 94 Mustang GT. The wipers never shut off. I disconnected the control switch and they still run. I put in a new motor- no help.

The wiper module is way up under the dash on the driver's side. Stick your head under there, and behind the fuse box you'll see your signal/hazard flasher. It should be a yellow box with a big plug on one end, mounted sideways on the bottom of the big metal support. A small screwdriver will help pop it off its tab. Note the hole in the tab, and the "nipple" on the plastic case that snaps into the hole. Above that, on the top of the support are two big plastic modules, standing vertically. The white one closest to the column, facing front-to-back, that's attached to a smaller bracket with easily-accessible screws is NOT the one you want (sorry). Farther forward and to the left, is the smaller black wiper module, facing side-to-side, with a big white plug on the column side. The module is held in very securely by TWO of those tabs-with-holes, that snap onto two nipples on the firewall side of the module. There's no room to get a screwdriver behind it to go at the tabs, so you'll need to slide a big fat screwdriver from the column side, between the module and bracket, and while keeping upwards pressure with one hand, GENTLY rock the screwdriver up and down to alternately put more pressure on either end of the module to work the nipples out of the holes.

Last edited: