Engine 95 gt

• Sponsors (?)

I don't believe it will be possible - with the lower head bolts being obstructed by the exhaust manifold, with the lower part of the head farther out than the exhaust ports, and with the K-member not far away to let them drop to get you adequate access. You might be able to get away with removing just one header from the H-pipe so the other side could move around a bit more freely but I don't think you'll be happy with that in the way. Then there's the question of reinstallation - trying to get an exhaust gasket in there without messing it up while you wrestle with the weight of both headers and the full exhaust is a p.i.t.a.

With enough persistence you might be able to get away with it, but I've learned over the years that just getting stuff out of the way rather than trying to work around it gives me better (and faster) results even if it's not 100% necessary. I think at least one header will need to be removed, and I know those H-pipe bolts are a bear to get to (and usually corrosion-welded together too).

Soak the header nuts in pb blaster at least overnite few times if you have time, let them sit soaked before you attempt to remove them from head, you do not want to break nut or bolt inside head. While removing with ratchet use caution and go slow,