95 MAF Possible Causing Engine to not Start

k00ksta

May 13, 2007
Chicago
Anyone know if its possible that if the MAF's Wiring is not correct if it will cause the Starter to not even be allowed to turn over? I Highly doubt this but what im facing is I just purchased a Calibrated MAF for my new Motor build up's Injector sizes and the MAF was on a 93 even tho the Markings for the (A,B,C,D) Positions to the Cable Harness were Identical it seems I cannot get the car to even turn over at the moment. Had the Starter Checked at a local Autozone and it checks out fine. Also my Clutch Saftey Switch I Checked for voltage when key was in the Start Position and I get the 12v down there Also Replaced the Starter Relay. The only thing I did also Attempt (because for how much of a pain in the rear end it is to replace the clutch safetey switch) I Jumped the wires directly across bridging it and basically removing the saftey switch so I know its none of the above. The only thing really left is the Ignition But what I dont get is that I do get the correct voltage at the Clutch Saftey Switch and the Injectors, Fuel Pump, ect Kick on When you turn the key to the Run position. If nobody know's for sure then I will just have to get out the good old Ohm meter and check the Ignition Switch. Just really sucks. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

If you checked the S-terminal wire at the solenoid itself and it has 12 volts, you know your starter interlock wiring is all good.

Or if you had 12 cranking volts at the clutch safety switch, you know your ignition switch is good.

The MAF will not create a no-crank situation. This is a purely mechanical electrical connection. WIthout a key you can jump the solenoid and the engine will crank over.

Check your battery, battery connections and motor ground if the car wont crank but you have S-terminal voltage.

Good luck.

Cool Thanks

If you checked the S-terminal wire at the solenoid itself and it has 12 volts, you know your starter interlock wiring is all good.

Or if you had 12 cranking volts at the clutch safety switch, you know your ignition switch is good.

The MAF will not create a no-crank situation. This is a purely mechanical electrical connection. WIthout a key you can jump the solenoid and the engine will crank over.

Check your battery, battery connections and motor ground if the car wont crank but you have S-terminal voltage.

Good luck.

Ok Will def. Try that I did pull the starter and had it tested but im not sure if htey test both the starter and the solenoid or what at autozone I would Imagine both but who know's Hopefully its just a stuck solenoid and nothing more. And also thanks for confirming that if I have the 12volts at the clutch saftey switch when I turn the key to the Start position that the ignition is good that is a good thing to know and was hoping not to have to monkey with the ignition at all. Cool Thanks man tonight I will get under there and check out the voltage readings at the starter itself. thanks again