95 mustang computer swap (pro-m)

I just purchased a 95 mustang, and i keep reading articles that talk about how the 94-95 mustang computers are not any good. I've read articles that say to use the pro-m wiring harness with the A9L computer if you're going to modify the 94-95 mustangs. Does anyone have any experience with this system? How much do you think this pro-m harness and computer are worth if i can find one? My understanding is that pro-m went out of business.

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the boards, "sore"!!! You came to the right place!!! Sounds identical to the post I made about 3 months ago, when I first came to Stangnet.

The answer is: If you are planning to run the OE cam, you won't have a problem. I assume most other things can be upgraded without much worry. (Heads, intake, headers, etc.)

Also, the A9L is not as "smart" as the 94-95 computers. That can be good and bad. Wouldn't recomend it. You'll still hit a "ceiling" with that computer. As well, I'd bet that the harness would be difficult to procure. The computer will run about $100, on Ebay.

The ultimate solution is to get a "self-tuning device" such as the twEECer (pronounced tweeker) or other device.

If you hang out here long enough, you'll find that your very first "upgrade" should be to 3.73 rear gears for a manual car and 4.10 rears for an auto. If it's an auto, the trans computer can also be controlled by the twEECer.

The twEECer is going to be about twice that price, by the time you add all of the peripheral (sp?) and necessary items like a wideband O2 sensor system, the "RT" upgrade on the twEECer (for datalogging) and the proper software. Certainly a chunk of change but, your tune will be infinitely variable with any changes that you might want to make. I don't know what the "upper limits" are on it but, I'm not sure anyone here is at that point and there are some monsters here.

Not to be an arse...but there is a ton of information and talk about this very matter...and what route to take instead here. Use the search function...we are very glad to have this information and it has taken some time to build it up for our years.

550$- for the R/T version give or take alittle. DONT bother with the non-R/T.
200$- for a Innovate LC-1, it can be had for cheaper
50$- program called Eec Annalizer (EA) GOLD....PURE GOLD
200$ (at most)- for laptop with usb ability (windows 98 or newer) if you dont have one already.
---------
1000 total and worth every penny...you can even hold off for alittle bit on the WB...but getting one as soon as possible is the best...and if you have a laptop already or know someone who has an old one...even with a dead batt. but a power coard it will work.

Welcome BTW:nice: we are a nice group of red-headed-step-children here

Wow, new goodies for the 94 and 95 Stang since I been away. And I thought with all the advances in the modular engine we got left out. Anyway, it is good to be back.

Sheeit, $2K for something that could be done for $250 with a QuarterHorse? The SN95 computer is a great unit, and there are plenty of tuners out there who know how to tune it. You could have a QH installed, and your car professionally dyno tuned, for half the price of that system.

With that said, it looks like it has some really sophisticated features (dual MAF's and per-cylinder-tuning for example). Sounds like an extremely skilled tuner could use it to get every last ounce of performance out of a race-class engine. But for plug & play there are many easier, cheaper options.