95 Mustang - Where to buy trunk lock?

ngiotta

Jan 29, 2019
California
Hi all. I've been looking EVERYWHERE and have not been able to find a trunk lock for my 95 Cobra. It came without the lock cylinder when I purchased it a couple of weeks ago and I thought.. "no big deal, I'll get a new one". I haven't been able to find anyone selling one. Anyone know of where I can find one or am I going to have to resort to trolling salvage yards?

• Sponsors (?)

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
Salvage yards or aftermarket replacement. Specific locks like those for the trunk are discontinued from Ford. Might be able to find a NOS one if you can get the part number somewhere.

ngiotta

Jan 29, 2019
California
Gotcha. Thanks guys. Seems odd that you can buy new door and ignition locks, but trunk locks are unavailable. I guess it is, what it is.

jozsefsz

5 Year Member
Aug 11, 2013
Cleveland OH Area
Thanks for the heads-up I'll make sure not to break mine. They're asking a fortune for those on eBay.
Not sure if it will fit, but the discontinued OPR part on American Muscle says the same part fits 94-04.

While I can't find anything for 94-95, I found this one for 96-98 at a comparatively reasonable cost. https://www.autosparepartsmart.com/lock/trunk_lock_tl275b_ford.html

It may not fit or it may not support the factory alarm (I'm sure that could be worked around) but may be worth a shot if you can't find anything else. The 96-98 body is pretty much identical to the 94-95 so I'd be surprised if it didn't physically fit. Junkyard and a locksmith to re-key it would be the other best option I'd imagine.

ngiotta

Jan 29, 2019
California
Thanks for the heads-up I'll make sure not to break mine. They're asking a fortune for those on eBay.
Not sure if it will fit, but the discontinued OPR part on American Muscle says the same part fits 94-04.

While I can't find anything for 94-95, I found this one for 96-98 at a comparatively reasonable cost. https://www.autosparepartsmart.com/lock/trunk_lock_tl275b_ford.html

It may not fit or it may not support the factory alarm (I'm sure that could be worked around) but may be worth a shot if you can't find anything else. The 96-98 body is pretty much identical to the 94-95 so I'd be surprised if it didn't physically fit. Junkyard and a locksmith to re-key it would be the other best option I'd imagine.
Nice find! I'm going to give it a shot and see if it works. I wonder why they specify 96-98... Seems like it'd be the same.