96-98 Mass Air Meter fits!

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
My 1995 has the stock Mass Air Meter. I also have a C&L 80MM Mass Air Kit left over from my 1996 GT.

So I decided to see if the 1995 sensor fits the 80MM C&L. It fits! The bolts line up exactly and the threading is the same as well.

Is there some reason why having a 80MM meter on my car would be worse than having the stock meter? I have a TwEECer, so I can input the transfer function.

• Sponsors (?)

I would think that the MAF transer wouldn't change since the stock electronics are being used. If it were a ProM for a 4.6, then I can see the issue. As far as I know, the C&L is just a metal housing.

Mrgreen94gt said:
I would think that the MAF transer wouldn't change since the stock electronics are being used. If it were a ProM for a 4.6, then I can see the issue. As far as I know, the C&L is just a metal housing.
it is for a 4.6.

it has a blue sampling tube which, according to the C&L web site, is for the factory 19lb injectors, but that is for a 96-98. i had it on my 96 (before i sold it), and it pinged like crazy and the check engine light wouldn't go off (too lean both sides). i'll try it and see what happens.

here is a pic of the c&l maf (80mm) next to the stocker ...
2-mafs.jpg

Mrgreen94gt said:
yes, it is just a metal housing.

what would the issue be if it were a pro-m?

Black96VertGT said:
yes, it is just a metal housing.

what would the issue be if it were a pro-m?

ProM sends new electronics with their meters, so they would be already programmed for the car. I don't think it would be much of an issue with a Tweecer on hand, though.