96 Cobra Dynoed today.....terrible numbers!!!!!

Im hoping and almost certain its operator error, but I changed plugs about 1000 miles ago and I cleaned and recharged the K&N Air filter at the same time.
I guess I will have to do a compression check, but to me everything feels fine!

Not sure what you mean by "throwing codes" but if that is the Check Engine Light, it will come on at random times, as been that way since I changed to a O/R H-Pipe though just figured the h-pipe was the reason.

My 60ft was like 2.3

• Sponsors (?)

My 96 cobra, mystic also (I cant figure out how to sign out of a buddies name on here) with pullies, 3.73s. MAF, and o/r h pipe wioth flows pulls a 2.0 60 ft. time, and should be pulling just a hair lower. Im dont have any slips and havent ran in a long time, but im almost positive my 1/8 mile times were in the 8,s. I want to say 8.8. I was running on a 1000 ft. track, (320 ft. short of a 1/4) and ran a best of 11.2. So Im not sure the problem but sounds like something is wrong. My car pulls pretty hard off the line, and the IMRCs I believe keeps 1 intake valve (and 1 exhaust it think?) closed untill 3250 RPMs, then they open, giving a little more umph.

saints97gt said:
My 96 cobra, mystic also (I cant figure out how to sign out of a buddies name on here) with pullies, 3.73s. MAF, and o/r h pipe wioth flows pulls a 2.0 60 ft. time, and should be pulling just a hair lower. Im dont have any slips and havent ran in a long time, but im almost positive my 1/8 mile times were in the 8,s. I want to say 8.8. I was running on a 1000 ft. track, (320 ft. short of a 1/4) and ran a best of 11.2. So Im not sure the problem but sounds like something is wrong. My car pulls pretty hard off the line, and the IMRCs I believe keeps 1 intake valve (and 1 exhaust it think?) closed untill 3250 RPMs, then they open, giving a little more umph.

Well I know if I can get my 60ft times down to a 2.0 like you then I would do a whole lot better, but my rear tires are about gone so thats not gonna happen till I get some Drag Radials. Also, When I shift from 1st to 2nd my tires start spinning costing me even more time!!! But, I have came to the same conclusion that was a dyno operators error. I called them back and complained that there had to of been a mistake and talked to another guy there and he told me to bring it back and he would do a run on it for free to see if he got the same numbers.

Also, How can I tell if the IMRCs are working properly?????

dollarbill said:
Not too much more than 178, look at my mods and times.
Autumn Orange 97 GT BBK cai, underdrives, 75mm tb, Accel coils and wires, Bosch platinum +4 plugs, 180* thermostat, Walbro 255 lph, -8 AN feed, adjustable regulator, 2 chamber flows and dumps, FRPP 3:73s, UPR adjustable clutch cable and quadrant, Pro 5.0 shifter, Eibach Pro springs, UPR bump steer kit, Kenny Brown SFCs, Best: 9.45 at 74.76 MPH in 1/8 mile with 2.108 60' PI head swap on the way!!
Well....you don't really have very many or for that matter very heavy hitting power mods on your car. Not to mention you're starting with a non-PI GT. So your times and power levels are probably pretty much what they should be. His Cobra on the other hand should be knocking down at least another 70-80hp at the wheels without doing anything to it, bone stock.

tell them to shove their free dyno run up their ass, and go to another shop. by the way, my buddy's cobra pulls really hard once it reaches about 3200 rpm as well, thats the 2nd butterfly opening in the throttlebody (at least thats what he said to me). it stays closed until 3200 rpm to minimize low end torque loss

stangGT97 said:
tell them to shove their free dyno run up their ass, and go to another shop.

:lol:

LMAO, Well there are no other dynos around here to go to, but I dont think I'm gonna be goin back to that dyno anymore even for the free run its obvious they dont know how to use there own equipment and shouldnt even be opened!!!! :notnice: