96 cobra vs. 95 cobra

red ink

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Arizona
Hey guys. I had a run in with what seemed like a 96 cobra. but i smoked it for a roll and run. Later down the road at a stoplight i noticed he had gt brakes and it only had a gt front end. It had a full o/r bassani exhaust. No contest.
How do u guys think i would do against a real 96-98 Cobra with say 4.10 gears and a full o/r exhaust. No other mods, Against the Mod's i have in my sig. on my 95 cobra

• Sponsors (?)

against another cobra with out mod and just bassani exhaust give or take , well lets put it simply you would smoke the s**t out of it, no contest, all driver right!! good job on the mods buy the way,alot of ground control always helps and with the setup you have will get the hp to the ground alot quiker than a stock cobra 96'

DBMSTNG said:
96-98 Cobras had 305hp, but were a little week down low. 95 Cobra had 240hp stock.

with the race in question, you'd get owned.

The 93-95 Cobra's were a little underrated. They were really making about 270HP at the flywheel.

The 96 Cobra would win, but not by much.

red ink said:
Hey guys. I had a run in with what seemed like a 96 cobra. but i smoked it for a roll and run. Later down the road at a stoplight i noticed he had gt brakes and it only had a gt front end. It had a full o/r bassani exhaust. No contest.
How do u guys think i would do against a real 96-98 Cobra with say 4.10 gears and a full o/r exhaust. No other mods, Against the Mod's i have in my sig. on my 95 cobra

Big difference between a 96 - 98 GT & a 96 - 98 Cobra. That being said a 96 - 98 Cobra with 4.10's & full o/r exhaust is a high 12sec car/low 13 sec car. A 95 Cobra with simliar mods, gears & exhaust will get killed bad from a roll, but will hang o.k. from a dig till about 80mph.