Progress Thread 96pushrods 347 build - Dyno results in!!

All right! Its all looking real good!
I'm grooving the modern Bullet Vibe now she's all together.
Now its time to go the local cruise in for burgers and shakes.
Is it broke in enough for a 1/4 mile pass?
Thanks brother. I got one more thing to put on.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, I seem to be having pretty shtty luck with my cars the last couple years. Lady rear ended me this morning on my way to work. Will need a new bumper cover and some work with a dolly to flatten out the mount holes. Chassis looks fine surprisingly.

Good news is they have usaa insurance and I was not found at fault, so it should be covered. Shtty thing is I have to do some more work and paint on the car. Never ceases to amaze me, I have something painted; then it gets ****.

that would be my luck... that car looks so clean too....
Yeah man I was pretty pissed when she hit me. She must have been texting and not watching the road, since she was a few hundred feet behind me when I slowed down. Not to mention there was a line of cars in front of me at the light. I guess I’m lucky I didn’t get pushed into one of them.

That really sucks man! Like whats already been said at least thats all the damage that was done. I can't seem to own a car with no marks on it. As soon as I have something happen to muck it up I'm all good no more issues until I get it fixed. Then the cycle starts over.

That really sucks man! Like whats already been said at least thats all the damage that was done. I can't seem to own a car with no marks on it. As soon as I have something happen to muck it up I'm all good no more issues until I get it fixed. Then the cycle starts over.

lol same. painted my car. was soooooo careful around it. my daughter hit it with her scooter. now i just dont care and nothing has happened since. i know once i fix the scratch something else (possibly worse) will happen.

Sorry the accident happened, but is good news that it is minor damage. Also, the fact that you can repair it yourself is even better if they pay the labor time for the paint/body. You may come out ahead

yeah in all honesty it doesn't look to bad. looks like your trunk is fine. could have been a lot worse. just sucks you just got done making this thing a gem.

The damage definitely could've been worse. The mount holes for the bumper were almost ripped out, so there's a little more damage than the pictures show. I have an appointment with a USAA preferred shop tomorrow and they'll get me an estimate. As long as they don't want to total the car out (which I doubt) then I'll be good. My plan is to take their payment check, buy more parts and paint, and fix it at our shop.

Reactions: 1 users
Why does new paint always have self destructive tendencies
Its like it wants to be run into...
Bummer:shrug:

Should of got the nitrous on and outrun all the bad luck.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Why does new paint always have self destructive tendencies
Its like it wants to be run into...
Bummer:shrug:

Should of got the nitrous on and outrun all the bad luck.
New paint is like a magnet for :poo:ty drivers.

Lol, I don’t know if the nitrous would’ve kept this lady away. Good news is that I want to put on a deck lid without any spoiler holes, so at least this is a good opportunity to do that.

Finally dropped off the car to have insurance fix the rear bumper damage yesterday.

I also broke down and bought a pimpxs. Overall I like the mega squirt/micro squirt based system, and tuner studio is quite easy to use. Last time I used it was an ls swap into a 88 Chevy, but it was a bit more intuitive than binary editor.

Figure if I’ll be spraying the car with over a 200 shot it would be nice to have a little more advanced way of controlling everything.

good choice, I suggest a spartan2 wideband to go along with it... the VSS will need a shunt resistor 240ohm works well to settle the voltage at rest.. I dont know how familiar you are with the system but if you have any questions I field answers on MS stuff all day long.

good choice, I suggest a spartan2 wideband to go along with it... the VSS will need a shunt resistor 240ohm works well to settle the voltage at rest.. I dont know how familiar you are with the system but if you have any questions I field answers on MS stuff all day long.
The Spartan seems nice, but I was hoping to just use my AEM that is currently in the car.

I’d say I’m fairly familiar with the MS system. I appreciate the help, I’m sure I’ll be picking your brain every now and again.

Man that blows! It didnt look bad at all. Any way to get them to drop it and just fix it? I know that isn't the preferred outcome buy I'd do that to avoid the rebuilt title. Start a go fund me to save the Cobra!

Did you tell them you want it fixed?
Buy it back and get a rebuildable title,

Yeah I did. The shop I took it to quoted $3200+ for repairs, seems a bit high to me. Insurance wants to settle for $2600 and some change and I get to keep the car.

Man that blows! It didnt look bad at all. Any way to get them to drop it and just fix it? I know that isn't the preferred outcome buy I'd do that to avoid the rebuilt title. Start a go fund me to save the Cobra!

I really thought the damage wouldn’t total to more than $2000, maybe just a hair over. When I heard the amount it kind of surprised me. A buddy of mine knows quite a bit more than I do about getting a rebuilt title if I choose to go that route.

In all honesty I’m thinking about pulling the guts out of the car and parting it out. There’s a local guy selling a badass roller, and I could use the settlement money to purchase it if I choose. Just the thought of building a 3rd sn in a year kinda makes me weary. The roller does have a clean title though and some nice parts. With the extra power I’m looking to put to the ground it would be nice to start something better setup for it.

Tomorrow I’ll be calling the body shop as well as the insurance company. At least I can pick up my car again