98 Cobra Rear Into 91 Fox

FoxBodyFlorio

Dec 25, 2013
Hello everyone, working on my project, it's a 91 foxbody GT roller at the moment. Working on the 5 lug swap. Managed to come across a 98 cobra rear and I'm going to swap it into the 91 fox....just curious as to if anyone has experience with this and what exactly I will need. I know it will bolt right up, but as far as brake lines and e-brake cables I'm not positive what I should use in place of those...

• Sponsors (?)

You need the 3 Ford Racing Handbrake Cables, if you look at the instructions for the M-2300-K kit you will find the modifications needed for the handbrake.

Instructions are basically here for E-brake

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/fordinstshtm-2300-k.pdf

As for the rear...it's a direct bolt into your car. Only difference will be the brake lines. You'll need to duplicate a 94-95 setup. Go to your fave parts store and buy rear 94-95 Mustang soft lines with the bracket. These bolt to the rear axle. Next, transfer the T-junction from the center of your fox axle over to the new rear end. Finally, you will need to fabricate brake lines that run from the Tee to the new 94-95 brake line brackets you bolts on.

It should look something like this
pic.php

Go to a junk yard and find any sn95 car...take the emergency brake handle, cables, and drill out the spot welds that hold the cable bracket in the transmission tunnel. Measure the distance before removal so that you can install it in the same location in your car. I used 3/8 bolts, nuts and lock washers to bolt it in my car...easy to weld in also. You can also take the hard brake line section off any sn95. Cut the lines under the car by trans tunnel...flare and union. Its not difficult at all. Especially, if you find a good donor car.