• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

98 GT Howling sound when driving slow in 1st

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chiper91
  • Start date Start date Oct 25, 2018
C

Chiper91

New Member
Sep 23, 2018
28
0
1
Miami, FL
Oct 25, 2018
#1
  • Oct 25, 2018
  • #1
This morning I heard an increased howling noise from the front (maybe even from under the dash) as I slowly started driving I my apartment complex. YOu can only hear in 1st when driving 10 - 20 mph. The best way to hear is when you are going down a ramp in a garage without adding any throttle. That's when the sound gets the strongest but I need to stop (then it goes away) before I can diagnose where it is coming from.
As far as I know, I don't have any vacuum leaks. Could it be something with the AC system? I think my blender doors are getting worse. Otherwise the car runs without any problems. Just trying to figure it out.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Removing speedo cable from the VSS
  • 91AOD5.0LX
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 25, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
A
2001 Mustang GT, scorched metal smell and noise from trans/diff?
  • AndyE2255
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
523
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 28, 2025
gkomo
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
517
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
A
Resolved 03 GT Parasitic Draw Fuse 26 (PCM)
  • Antrix
  • Mar 22, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
827
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 24, 2025
89ripper
U
8 Years of Vibration leading to engine knock?
  • UpgradeXP
  • Apr 14, 2025
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
519
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Apr 14, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?