98 mustang upgrades

1st of all i just wanted to ask what the best upgrades for a 98 V6 were. Not only that but what order to do these in. i was thinking about things like new plug wires, air intake, exhaust, short throw, new/upgraded heads. throttel body, injectors, suspenshion - springs, struts, sway bars ect. I dont know exactly what to get brands to get and the order. also if anyone has other sugestions on what to get that would be appericated. I live in cincinnati, OH - blueash, and if any one could help me out with a good mechanic that would be great. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Best thing you can do to a 98 is the split port swap. It is expensive, and labor intensive, but by far the best gain. This is also a good basis for power adders later.
CHAZ

You have to look into the total package, which for some could mean upper/lower intake proting, as well as head porting. Even with a new cm and roller rockers, you might see 40 more HP. The real advantage is when you throw in an SC where the port work will amplify the effectiveness of the SC.

Look at the numbers posted on Super Six Motorsports website to get an idea of the gains involved. Then head over to RPM's website to buy the stuff. I spoke to the owner last year, and he said he had done some R&D and can now get even more impressive numbers out of his portwork.

And yes, it will add HP/Tq. and flow better.

MarvinMyCat said:
You have to look into the total package, which for some could mean upper/lower intake proting, as well as head porting. Even with a new cm and roller rockers, you might see 40 more HP. The real advantage is when you throw in an SC where the port work will amplify the effectiveness of the SC.

Look at the numbers posted on Super Six Motorsports website to get an idea of the gains involved. Then head over to RPM's website to buy the stuff. I spoke to the owner last year, and he said he had done some R&D and can now get even more impressive numbers out of his portwork.

And yes, it will add HP/Tq. and flow better.

do you think rpm's stuff is just as good or better than SSX's? rpm is definitly cheaper but im a pretty firm believer in you get what you pay for. if rpm has equal or better stuff than SSX then that sounds like a plan to me.