98gt Fuel Pump Suggestions?

broncojunkie

Apr 12, 2014
I just picked up a 98gt the other day. We plan to use it as an extra vehicle, so no real plans for performance upgrades. But I do plan on doing what I can to make it safe and dependable. I've already replaced brakes and some front end components, done a tune-up with new coil packs, wires, plugs. It runs ok and steering/suspension appears to be good. But the fuel pump is noticeably louder than normal. I'm going to order a new pump and filter today.

Is there a particular brand of pump that is good or certain ones I should avoid? There seems to be a bunch of different brands to choose from. I'm looking on Rockauto, Ebay, and local parts stores. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 98 and I built a n2o 98 for my cousin-in law. My car has a drop in 255 and a kenne belle boost a pump to support a procharger while his uses a 255 in tank to support a 125 wet shot. We swapped his tank to a 96-97 and used the same years fuel rails then wired in a new fuel pump circuit. We kept burning up focus fuel pumps. No idea why. No issues since the swap.

Mine is still a fresh build but has plenty of fuel on the dyno while his hangs the hoops at the track.

Reactions: 1 user