99 cobra hit 100K, do i need to do anything to it?

Disneyfun1

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2000
Phoenix, AZ
My 99 cobra now has 104,000 miles on it and has been very trouble free so far. Ive only had to replace the water pump at around 75,000 along with the coolant and cap.

I have a K & N in it, other than that, its all stock. Do i need to do anything to it now that its hit the 100K mark?

The only issue ive noticed lately is when going to work, ive seen my abs light come on about 10 miles into the drive, but then it goes out after 5-10 seconds-while on freeway. I was thinking that may be because a few months ago i bought new tires for the front, but not the back, and now the back are really on the marks, so since the fronts are turning slower than the rears since they have more tread, that could possibly be it?(i read that someplace) anyways, i just got new rear tires friday, so i will find out tomorrow if that solved it or not.

do i have to get new plugs, wires, or anything else or clean anything out? if so, what are the recommendations and how to do each part, as i have not really worked on this motor since its been hassle free so far, or is everything fine to leave?

thanks for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)

Doubt your tires are the reason for your ABS light turning on - it's probably a dirty/bad ABS sensor (located by each wheel).

Do you have to replace everything at a certain mileage? No, but it's good policy to at least check the basic items. Consult your owner's manual and address any outstanding maintenance items:

in a nutshell - quick list

coolant system flush (don't forget to "burp"/bleed the cooling system of trapped air or you will have overheating issues - run a search for the proper procedure), check/change brake pads/rotors (and bleed the brake fluid for fresh brake fluid while you are at it), change sparkplugs (there are no "traditional" sparkplug wires on this Coil On Plug ignition system btw), check/change air filter, check/change rear differential fluid, check/change trans fluid, check/change PCV valve, and on and on...

If you don't have your owner's manual handy, run a quick Google search for a keyword phrase such as "Ford Mustang maintenance schedule" or similar - you should be able to find a chart or diagram that indicates what vehicle item needs attention at "X" mileage.