99 GT Front Bumper Replacement

bgold06

Jan 15, 2006
Hello everyone - I was involved in a minor wreck a few months back where my front bumper cover was damaged, and I was going to have it replaced until all of the estimates were running me $750! I don't have that kind of cash...so I started looking on eBay and found 1999 GT front bumper covers for reasonable prices. Now, being a relative newbie but really wanting to learn from everyone on this site that knows a lot more than me, I have a few questions...

1. How do I find a reliable dealer to buy a new bumper cover?

2. How do I take off the old cover and install the new one by myself? I know I need some other screws, rivets, and the like...but how do I know which ones to buy?

3. What tools will I need for the job?

4. Will I have to remove any of the headlamp or fog lamp assemblies to do this?

Thanks in advance for all who offer advice and suggestions. I appreciate it! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

+1 for bumpers.com. heard lotsa good things about them

the install is very simple

unbolt the bumper at the fender well, under the hood, and under the front.. remove the headlights.. pull (bend) out the fender wells to reach the 3 bolts on each side holding the bumper on...remove those and the bumper will pull forward and off. pretty simple.

bgold06 said:
2. How do I take off the old cover and install the new one by myself? I know I need some other screws, rivets, and the like...but how do I know which ones to buy?

3. What tools will I need for the job?

4. Will I have to remove any of the headlamp or fog lamp assemblies to do this?

http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/fascia/index.shtml

I think all i needed was panel remover to pop off those plastic revet thing(located on bottome), + screw driver(to remove plastic screw thingie top of bumper area), and 12mm socket to remove 2 bolts that was folding each corner

Its been a while. But i do remenber how easily those bumper cover came out. I think it only took me like 20 min to remove the cover. that include 15 min locating all the fastner