A Big Brown Truck Visited Me Pt. 5

Silvr04GT

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'll say this is part 5 cause Russ had the first four and my other part 1 was a big white bus! So I'll continue the tradition set forth by Russell.

This is what showed up for me today!

IMGP0226.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very spiffy!!! :nice: It looks like a new Maf came with it?
I like that set-up much much better than the ones with the bend before the Maf. I copied the filter/shield set-up from them when I devised my homemade set-up, only I used a 9" filter.

Silvr04GT said:
Actually that's the factory MAF, I had to take apart the old inlet tube and transfer it over. I think it definitely adds some "ooo" factor and hopefully it'll pick up a few ponies too!

Ah Ok!! I still have my stock upper intake tube on as I didn't think it looked too bad, but after seeing how great yours looks in the pic, mine suddenly reminds me of an ugly flexible dryer vent :(

I got the car flat bedded home today and after I got her home I fired her up and DAMN nice to hear that V8 again! Started first try so that was good. And the intake makes this awesome sucking sound when you rev the motor! It sounds really cool!

No, I couldn't stand it anymore! I wanted to have it home so I could start working on it! The pile of parts in the basement is getting larger and larger! Also I didn't want to go to the trouble of making a ramp system to get it out of the bay. Next year I'm finding a storage place that doesn't involve a 6" drop in and out of the bay.

Yeah I needed something to get me back in the mood to work on the car. I"ve been half-arsing it all winter and just not feeling ambitous. I had to bolt up the prochamber and start the beast. Open mid-pipe+cams+long-tubes+closed garage = LOUD but DANG was it nice to hear it roar!!:)

TweekedGT said:
Oh man, you have it lowered don't you? Yikes. That tow truck driver must have been pissed :rlaugh: .

:rlaugh: i dont think lowered is the right word.. there is only 3.75 inches of ground clerance under the k member :eek:

the flatbed driver said he hasnt ever tried to load a car anywhere near that low (took him like 45 mins hahahaha) :D