a/c and powersteering pump

greenbud89

Jan 1, 2007
ok my powersteering pump seazed up and stalled out my car lastnight ,,, today i went to remove and and realized i didnt need my ac either.... ive taken both pumps out and now im wondering if i can just run a belt from the crank water pump and alternator ? will this work ? everyhting be ok or do i need to purchase the delete kits ? im not too sure and would like some help if anyone knows about this.........

• Sponsors (?)

ok my powersteering pump seazed up and stalled out my car lastnight ,,, today i went to remove and and realized i didnt need my ac either.... ive taken both pumps out and now im wondering if i can just run a belt from the crank water pump and alternator ? will this work ? everyhting be ok or do i need to purchase the delete kits ? im not too sure and would like some help if anyone knows about this.........

Are you planning on deleting the power steering all together, or just bypassing it till you get a new pump?

The reason im asking is, when you are driving, and youre not using your power steering, youll puke power steering fluid out of the resevoir.

uhhhh... i was planning on getting the flaming river rack and pinion to delete it but for right now i just wanted to bypass it ... i dont really wanna bother wasting time buying a new pump and putting it in if im gonna do that