a/c drip on passenger side exhaust manifold

02v6auto

Jul 19, 2007
I posted a question a little while ago on how to fix the drip problem of the a/c dripping water and/or coolant onto the passenger side exhaust header?? I purchased all of the parts that I read that I needed. Most of the stuff that I have read on these sites have said that it is a pipe that comes out of the firewall and it drips onto the manifold/header. Now the only thing remotely close that I can find located directly above the passenger side header is a hole above it that sticks out maybe a half an inch... Is this what I am looking for??:shrug:

Also now that I am ready to fix this problem to ensure I know where the drip is coming from I started my car and let it run for about 20 min and then put the a/c on for about 5 maybe 6 minnutes and then turned the car off and I didnt hear that hissing/pop corn popping sound.... Am I not running the a/c long enough?? Also people have said this only happends when the a/c is ran- but I can recall times when I go out driving and I havent ran the a/c at all and when I come home and turn off the car I hear that sound of water and/or coolant driping on the exhaust header.... Can anyone clearify the problem for me?? AND also clearify that the location I described above is infact the correct location of the drip...:rolleyes:

Thanks to any and all who can give their input on this one....

---- Craig--- 02v6auto.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes that's it. It just looks like a little dinky 1/2" diameter plastic tube poking out of the firewall.

That's the drain tube from the evaporator box.

Unfortunately it happens to be in a spot that drips onto the header and makes a hissing noise. Personally it doesn't bother me at all. TONS of cars have the same problem. It's not really a problem, maybe it's designed like ghat to keep water off the pavement????

The water is condensation from running the a/c on humid days. If you live in a place that is hot and dry, you may not even get much drippage. Howeber on really muggy humid days, it can pour water from the drain port. This is 100% normal and 100% necessary.