A/C pieced together

I have located an evaporator for a cheap price. If I purchase a sanden compessor, new condenser, and drier, besides the low and high lines, is there anything else I need? It looks like the evap unit has the expansion valve built in. I could build it for half of what a vintage air costs.

• Sponsors (?)

grainboy said:
I have located an evaporator for a cheap price. If I purchase a sanden compessor, new condenser, and drier, besides the low and high lines, is there anything else I need? It looks like the evap unit has the expansion valve built in. I could build it for half of what a vintage air costs.

Do you have the proper equipment to determine the correct refrigerant charge add to the pieced together system?

Just make sure that the - compressor,evaporator/evap. fan, and condensor coil are matched. That is make sure that they are + - 5% BTU rating or you'll have problems.
Too small of an evaporator and/or fan - not enough cooling and/or compressor failure.
Too small of a condensor coil - high head pressure - compresor failure.
Too small of a compressor - not enough cooling.
Find out what cars all these parts come out of and then find the capacity of the compressor of each system.
Hope that helps.