A/C problems... Jrichker/HISSIN50 please come in

• Sponsors (?)

You need to look at the one about 6 inches from the IAC on the IAC wiring to see what you are after. It's a little roll of life savers looking thing wrapped up with tape. The short harness to the AC coil should unplug from the main harness and you can use some paper clips to insert into the plugs to check it out.

Jamie

I looked at the Mustang wiring diagrams and the diode assembly is wired parallel to the cluctch coil assemby. One leg connects to the clutch power and the other connects to the clutch ground.

The diode is wired reverse, cathode to power & andoe to ground. This clamps any reverse spikes that might damage the computer. See the attached thumbnail drawing for connection details.

If the diode fails, the clutch will still operate. You have another problem not yet discovered. Start checking the wiring for volage drops.

See http://www.fluke.com/application_notes/automotive/circuit.asp?AGID=1&SID=103#volt for help troubleshooting voltage drops across wiring and connections.

fig-7.gif

Attachments

• AC clutch wiring.JPG
    AC clutch wiring.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 70
Stang8URMPRT said:
Hey, Jrichker... I live in Florida.. I'll just drive over and PAY you to fix this crap. lol. There is one thing I have never learned, and never want to.. and that's A/C. :)
So far all your problems are electrical. Keep looking & re-post or PM me.

Joe R.