A fast back conversion for randym67

Got the back end of the floor out ,still need to trim the front and just the flange off the rockers . I will sand blast the lip and toe boards and primer before the new floor goes in
20211014_114418.jpg
20211014_114427.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Floor hasnt made it yet but i am hopping today .
I checked on sheet metal availability and they had almost everything for my 65 fast back ,except for a upper and lower cowl and the radiator support and front cross brace ,if any one has one they want to part with message me

Working on finishing trimming out the last of the old floor ,they double stacked the spot welds ,instead of one nice tiny hole to drill it is about 3/4 inch long . Going to take a couple of days to drill and clean up the old spot welds from the rockers
20211026_092842.jpg
20211026_092850.jpg

That was a hard trimming ! Its hard to find a spot weld under rust so i wound up cutting it in pieces to get the last of the old floor out ,everything else is solid except for a small patch for driver side toe board.
I will set the floor in tomorrow ,but sense i dont have any help i get to set it by my self . It will get all the flanges marked for plug welds then come back out for drilling ,then i get to set it back in again and weld it up.
20211026_143121.jpg

The new floor is setting in place ,i measured and marked the plug holes ,there was no way i was going to put it in then take it out to drill then put it back ,it was all i could do buy my self just placing it one time .
The toe board i patched first ,still needs the welds ground down but welded in nicely .
Now i ran out of welding gas so it a trip to the welding supply for me .
20211027_114619.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I should have this all finished late tomorrow ,just a couple of welds and lots of grinding .
Called on my 65 parts today,they have been sitting at the trucking company warehouse since last 21
.i think this company sits on shipments until they have a few headed the same direction ,they did the same thing with the parts for this car ,or ,it could be there is a make him wait list i am on for some reason as i never get my parts in a timely manner :fuss:
20211102_162050.jpg

I should have this all finished late tomorrow ,just a couple of welds and lots of grinding .
Called on my 65 parts today,they have been sitting at the trucking company warehouse since last 21
.i think this company sits on shipments until they have a few headed the same direction ,they did the same thing with the parts for this car ,or ,it could be there is a make him wait list i am on for some reason as i never get my parts in a timely manner :fuss:
20211102_162050.jpg
It's most likely the former, unless you're a real jerk. :p

I've been out of the transportation business for a few years, but unless you're a big dog with a contract delivery time frame, you're gonna go in the "when we get to it or have a full load" pile.

Your work continues to look amazing. You're gonna convince me this is easy, and have me buying a coupe to convert.