A little help with heads?

ElementCorndawg

Jun 22, 2004
ALright, this '96 Mustang GT4.6 is my first car, and my dad and I have already had our hands full swapping the motor (He's got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, so I've done most of the work). ANyway, before we drop-in the new 4.6 motor,I'd personally like to know if it's too much trouble to port the heads for the power gain, or if this even works.

We got about a 20-30 bhp gain from our old Pontiac manifolds and heads when we ported 'em, but the intake manifold's plastic on this car, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of ripping these heads off just to get them ported and polished. (We port-n-polish by hand, save a few((HUNDRED)) bucks)

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

ElementCorndawg said:
ALright, this '96 Mustang GT4.6 is my first car, and my dad and I have already had our hands full swapping the motor (He's got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, so I've done most of the work). ANyway, before we drop-in the new 4.6 motor,I'd personally like to know if it's too much trouble to port the heads for the power gain, or if this even works.

We got about a 20-30 bhp gain from our old Pontiac manifolds and heads when we ported 'em, but the intake manifold's plastic on this car, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of ripping these heads off just to get them ported and polished. (We port-n-polish by hand, save a few((HUNDRED)) bucks)

Thanks!

probably will see some but not alot , PI (99-newer) intake seems to be the biggest gaining change you can do , buy the 650 dollar kit from livernois if you have the extra cash and find some used PI cams from ebay or classifieds if you can and put those in your heads , if I ever did a swap on a 96 -98 model GT I would have found a used PI motor to swap in , that way you would have already had the good heads and intake ready to go ....