Progress Thread A new FB conversion for bbettto

• Sponsors (?)

I finally got the driver side front floor cut out ,if i had known it was going to be this hard i would have gone with a full floor . It is undercoated under the floor and it flakes in places but not in others . I had a hard time cleaning the tar off where it will be welded ,i hope i got it good enough to weld
20240104_141703.jpg
When I had the shop work on mine, I went with their recommendation to replace the whole floor. Glad I did now.

I finally got the passenger front floor out ,that was a mess !
It was brazed in and big lumps of braze! Took half a box of the grinding disks because i couldnt get the tar off .
The floor patches are tacked in place and ready to weld .
I still have one small hole to fill on driverside fire firewall and a patch on the passenger front fender but i think i will be finished tomorrow i hope!
20240113_124706.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I'm looking at post #81 and #82 at the fastback roof structure completed. I have a 1965 fastback body that the bottom half of it is rust out rotten.
If I want to install the fastback structure to the coupe, the same way that you have joined the new parts to the coupe donor, it looks like I would need to strip the old roof skin off. It is hale damaged anyway. This would allow me to sandblast all of the original structure that Ford never primed. Am I thinking about this correctly? Also, it appears that the Dynacorn roof skin is a pretty good looking piece. I will need Dynacorn quarters too.