A quick word about Brian Baskin at DCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I ordered a 3018-M (18" fan with integral FK-35 controller) and full radius/trim for the fan on my daily driven '93. The fan, controller, wiring kit, etc. are of great quality and comes in a well organized as a kit. From start to finish, I received it at my door in 3 weeks, as promised.

Brian was very helpful before, during, and after ordering and then receiving the fan. IMO, that is true customer service. I was missing a couple of the 6-32 x 3/8" brass screws and #6 washers and Brian sent them out that day A.S.A.P. and helped me trouble shoot the install.

I have never seen such consistent temperature control on my car until after installing the fan/controller package. No dimming of the lights, quiet operation, and seems to be very reliable. I used to be scared of the stop and go traffic in Little Rock; not anymore.

I did a pretty simple install. I ran the a/c wire to the black/yellow compressor wire and ran the ignition to the dead side of the blower motor fuse. Set the potentiometer to 180* and called it a day. This 18" fan is large. Make sure you measure for clearance at the water pump.

Anyways, special thanks to Brian and Hissin50. :flag:

David

• Sponsors (?)

Always good to hear positive feedback about vendors. All too often we tend to only hear negative experiences, which may have a tendency to leave some shops in the dark, when others are reluctant to do business with them, because they haven't heard any feedback.

good to know... so you can order an entire fan/thermostatic controller assembly from him? can anyone provide contact info? thanks, and if this somehow violates the advertising rules please let me know and i'll gladly move the conversation to PMs :nice:

David, excellent to hear that it's working so well for you. :nice:

Regarding the customer service, I have probably had 25+ email exchanges with Brian over the years. He replied very promptly to each one (almost always in real time, often after midnight). His expertise and ability to supply us with info that we can understand is outstanding.

Here is a copy of the ordering instructions from back when Brian decided to put qualifiers on the customer pool. I'm not sure how he is handling orders these days, but I haven't seen anything that supercedes the previous protocol. I'd just send him a PM or email with what you have on your car and what you think you need and go from there. His username on the forums is Baskin.

Note that I posted the Corral version of the instructions because they were more complete than the SN version I saw. Being a SN member works just fine however.

Yep, Baskin was top notch when I bought mine - especially when we were emailing back in forth at 11pm and he was walking me through an issue I had. One of the best parts I've put on my capri, and I'd recommend him anytime. Hissin is teh man too. Mr. Car Cooling Guru IMO.

I just bought a taurus fan. can I get a list of the items you have to for an install. I am waiting to upgrade to a 6g alt but am collecting parts now. also dcc website would be great.
thanks

Baskin is great. Actually Im working with him right now on a DCC that I managed to find a way to break (if you can believe it). Even though I bought the fk35 over 5 years ago Baskin was really cool when I sent him a message and he replied back to me saying he would like to take a look at it and see what happened. Well I just got the news Ive been waiting for, he said he was able to salvage my unit, tweak some things, and apparantly he got the thing working again! Needless to say I am super excited to get my fk35 back and hook my elec fan back up. Im also super excited to deal with a company that provides such outstanding service. You can really tell that Baskin loves what he does and stands by his products. It really is refreshing to know that in this day there are still American made products which are produced by good peoples who will be there to help you out when things go wrong. I cannot reccomend mr Baskin enough. You just need to be patient with him, his products are MORE than worth the wait!

This is my first ever post on a forum, so if I screw up the etiquette, please forgive. Any advice is also welcome.

I read about Baskin and his wonderful products on StangNet and decided it was the fan controller for me. I somehow found the fan controller ordering page of his website and ordered an FK35 controller and a couple of accesories through PayPal. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he has his "proper method" for ordering from DCC.

2 weeks later and a couple of e-mails to DCC, I have no shipment, no idea when I might receive it and no response from Mr. Baskin. I do some more searching and find the information in this thread. So, I try the order through the process that Baskin requires. And still nothing.

I have read how he works and how he selects his customer base. I am intrigued at his method and somewhat envious (working for a construction equipment OEM, there are plenty of times I wish I could choose who we sell too). I completely undestand his reasons and respect his right to run his company however he chooses. However, I find it tremendously frustrating that there are no replies to my e-mails requesting acknowledgement of my order.

I have read that he sometimes shutsdown and stops taking orders in attempt to reduce the backlog. Does this mean he stops communicating to those wishing to make an order? I also read so many people speak of how responsive he is to his customers' needs. Then why does he not respond to requests from new customers?

Maybe it's just me. Did anyone else have this problem trying to order from DCC? Should I just start the process to get my money back through PayPal?

Sorry for the long-winded complaint. I am at my wits end with the DCC ordering process.

This is my first ever post on a forum, so if I screw up the etiquette, please forgive. Any advice is also welcome.

I read about Baskin and his wonderful products on StangNet and decided it was the fan controller for me. I somehow found the fan controller ordering page of his website and ordered an FK35 controller and a couple of accesories through PayPal. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he has his "proper method" for ordering from DCC.

2 weeks later and a couple of e-mails to DCC, I have no shipment, no idea when I might receive it and no response from Mr. Baskin. I do some more searching and find the information in this thread. So, I try the order through the process that Baskin requires. And still nothing.

I have read how he works and how he selects his customer base. I am intrigued at his method and somewhat envious (working for a construction equipment OEM, there are plenty of times I wish I could choose who we sell too). I completely undestand his reasons and respect his right to run his company however he chooses. However, I find it tremendously frustrating that there are no replies to my e-mails requesting acknowledgement of my order.

I have read that he sometimes shutsdown and stops taking orders in attempt to reduce the backlog. Does this mean he stops communicating to those wishing to make an order? I also read so many people speak of how responsive he is to his customers' needs. Then why does he not respond to requests from new customers?

Maybe it's just me. Did anyone else have this problem trying to order from DCC? Should I just start the process to get my money back through PayPal?

Sorry for the long-winded complaint. I am at my wits end with the DCC ordering process.

Don't take it personally, I'm just not a multitasker, once I start getting behind, I just build controllers and answer tech questions, that's about it. To answer your question, if you're from here and have been here a while, which I know you have, there's no question that I'll sell to you, the lead time right now is about three weeks, so if you want it, yours is in this lot, which should go out Monday. If you want a refund, I'm ok with that also.

Don't take it personally, I'm just not a multitasker, once I start getting behind, I just build controllers and answer tech questions, that's about it. To answer your question, if you're from here and have been here a while, which I know you have, there's no question that I'll sell to you, the lead time right now is about three weeks, so if you want it, yours is in this lot, which should go out Monday. If you want a refund, I'm ok with that also.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I definitely will wait for the shipment for next week. I look forward to it.

Don't take it personally,it I'm just not a multitasker, once I start getting behind, I just build controllers and answer tech questions, that's about it. To answer your question, if you're from here and have been here a while, which I know you have, there's no question that I'll sell to you, the lead time right now is about three weeks, so if you want it, yours is in this lot, which should go out Monday. If you want a refund, I'm ok with that also.

Brain,

I just ordered one of your controllers last week on your website without knowing about your special insturstions. I just became a member. I ordered a FK85P about a week ago. Will you still be sending the controller. If not can I get my money back. I sent it using paypal. My email is [email protected]

Thanks, Ryan Saner

Brain,

I just ordered one of your controllers last week on your website without knowing about your special insturstions. I just became a member. I ordered a FK85P about a week ago. Will you still be sending the controller. If not can I get my money back. I sent it using paypal. My email is [email protected]

Thanks, Ryan Saner

Brain,

I want to canncel my order, You won't return my emails or won't give any type of update. :shrug: But you sure did take my money in a hurry. I want a refund. I was told by a friend to buy your controller that its the best, but the customer service needs help. :notnice: paypal- [email protected]

Dose anyone on here have a phone number for him?

Thanks Ryan

it takes him a while to answer his messages, just the way it is.

I had some issues contacting him when I bought my unit which i scrapped.

He is a A+ guy that doesnt do good at returning calls

Status
Not open for further replies.