About to Begin the project!!

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
Well guys its been a long time since the mustang has been my main hobby. but I have decided to sell my mercedes c350 and use the equity from it to freshen up the musty. I will be ordering an mmr900 motor with the boss 302 block. then shortly after will be changing over to a return style fuel system.

I will stay on the 2.1L KB until I build up the funds to move to a 2.6L KB but in the mean time Im just going to spray the piss outta the 2.1 on 14psi :)

this will be taking place within a month or at least the motor should be getting ordered within a week or 2.

End goal for the car will be 800rwhp. I will most likely still be spraying it on the 2.6 to get to that number too. I dont know if the 2.6 will be able to do that by itself. Unless you guys know of someone who has.

I at first wanted to do the stroker motor but heard the bigger bore would be more beneficial than the stroker and just gaining torque really. The KB has it covered in the torque department just needs to add more umpf up top :nice:

And dont worry pics will be posted for sure of this whole thing going down. How long does it take to get a motor from MMR built and sent out to you?

• Sponsors (?)

The 2.6 won't do it. I've been looking at big displacement PD's. The big tork tech tvs 1900 and the 2.6 will basically do 650 to 700. It's about the most I've seen anyone get.

Instead of upgrading your 2.1 you should highly consider compound boost. I will be doing a build and am looking very very closely at compound boost set up. So I can't speak from first hand experience but from my research it seems to be a good way to go when you already have a PD. It would be the best of both worlds, low down torque and high hp top end. Not to mention it would sound awesome and be something very unique. The biggest plus in the whole thing though is you can see 900+ hp without breaking a sweat.

Not to mention you can tell me how it goes before I do mine in a couple months.. :eek: :nice:

Holy crap. The unbreakable stock motor is seeing the last of its days?!?

Sounds like it's going to be a beast... I'll be looking forward to the progress.

hahahahaha yea the heart of this warrior will be taken out but its not getting trashed its gonna get freshened up as well and maybe put into something else :D

The 2.6 won't do it. I've been looking at big displacement PD's. The big tork tech tvs 1900 and the 2.6 will basically do 650 to 700. It's about the most I've seen anyone get.

Instead of upgrading your 2.1 you should highly consider compound boost. I will be doing a build and am looking very very closely at compound boost set up. So I can't speak from first hand experience but from my research it seems to be a good way to go when you already have a PD. It would be the best of both worlds, low down torque and high hp top end. Not to mention it would sound awesome and be something very unique. The biggest plus in the whole thing though is you can see 900+ hp without breaking a sweat.

Not to mention you can tell me how it goes before I do mine in a couple months.. :eek: :nice:

hahahahahahahahaha yea i have thought about compound boost but have also seen more horsepower made with the blower out of the way. I have heard that the blower becomes the restriction. people have also told me that it doesnt do too well on twin screw blowers. something about the seals in it or whatever.

basically its either stick with a blower or go with a turbo for me. but i will have the 2.1 and spray the hell out of it for a while. Im talking a 200 shot or higher lol. i would go with a dual 10lb bottle setup in the trunk with all the fixins :nice: I could see my 800rwhp on that if I really wanted to but im sure I will also see some gears flying through the floor as well. Not sure how a tremec 3650 holds up to that much torque :rlaugh: oh well should be interesting :nice:

MMR was telling me if I want to run 14psi on the 2.1 I can also spray a 50 shot and still be on pump gas and thats without the methanol running. but since I have methanol and a controller for it inside the car I can wire it up to turn it on and also trigger the remote bottle opener as well :rolleyes:

flip a few switches in the cup holder and take out an unsuspecting chevy aero or 2 :eek: hahahaha

I'll give you some inspiration. Here's 2 20's in my C5. 150 1st stge 400hp 2nd stage :D :nice:

P5220255.jpg

P5220258.jpg

I'll give you some inspiration. Here's 2 20's in my C5. 150 1st stge 400hp 2nd stage :D :nice:

P5220255.jpg

P5220258.jpg

hahahahaha yea im wondering if i should go over to a direct port or just stick with my wet kit that i have right now. I mean the wet kit was great with the plate but since I have a blower hanging out there I cant use the place lol. Dont really want to send the kenne bell 30 feet into the air either lol. it will probably end up a direct port though if i am going to stick with spray and not go to bigger kb or a turbo on down the line.