ABS code 63 on 1994 mustang

Farmstad

Jun 30, 2021
Canada
I am stuck trying to find the solution to solve this problem. First my car had no abs light and the wheels would lock up when breaking. So I got a new relay/circuit thing from a junk yard that fits underneath the abs plastic shell. After this I got the code 63 and the abs light always stays on (if that means something). http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/brakes/absDiagInfo.html light also goes when I unplug both the 15pin and 4 pin connector according to this website it means something but not sure. Also my fuse is fine. If anyone knows what to test it would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I see you've posted on Reddit as well as here. If you're still having trouble, try this. The pins in the electrical connectors can oxidize and add a bit of extra resistance to the circuits. When you unplug a connector then plug it back in, the pins don't always line up the same way and now you have high resistance on one or more of the wires. This can also affect the voltage just enough to trigger a code. Get some Electrical Contact Cleaner, then unplug those connectors again. Spray the inside of the connectors with the contact Cleaner. Let them dry, then see if that affects the codes.

I will give the contact cleaner one more try but my newest guess is that it doesn’t have a clean enough ground through the screws that hold the module to the pump. Also on a car with regular working abs does the light go out after you start the car or a few seconds after turning to to the run position. Maybe I might have already solved the issue but I haven’t started the car since I have been working on it.

Yea I think you are right with at assumption when I check continuity from the positive and ground of the abs motor I don’t think it’s working quite right. I will have to put in a whole assembly as a winter project

Reactions: 1 user
Those HCUs are damn expensive (was about 3200.00 just for the part on a 95 bronco for instance)
Your Mustang will be less. I checked into the one my E150 needed, I think it was 2200
Been driving my van for years now with no light bulb in that socket
Most of us just wait for the abs light to burn out or remove the bulb