ABS problems

cbud167

Apr 29, 2020
va.
grandson bought his 1st car which was a 2000 mustang with a v-6 auto with a 152000 miles on it, it has been parked for 9 years. We have everything repaired except the ABS, also no trac. lite at koeo, I need a wiring diag. an a good trouble tree, from what I can find at the brake ecm connector pin8 is the ign.vts an I have ovts. Need some help here

• Sponsors (?)

grandson bought his 1st car which was a 2000 mustang with a v-6 auto with a 152000 miles on it, it has been parked for 9 years. We have everything repaired except the ABS, also no trac. lite at koeo, I need a wiring diag. an a good trouble tree, from what I can find at the brake ecm connector pin8 is the ign.vts an I have ovts. Need some help here
What ABS codes is it giving you?

abs.png

If Autozone can be believed, that is the wiring diagram for your ABS system. I can try to verify in Alldata tomorrow when I get to the shop. If you'd get me the code you're getting, I could either get a diag tree for you or write one from scratch. I work on cars for a living and somehow ABS and airbags became my specialties at my previous dealership.

Sorry 74stang2togo, I cant get hold of the guy that checked it for me, problem I have is we have not been able to tag the car yet an all DMV are closed so we cant take the car to a shop to be scanned. Was hoping to have car ready to go when they lift this ban an open DMV so he can tag it an drive. We were dealing with a miss that comes an goes an trying to see which cyc. was acting up an the ABS too, I remember he said that the code was mostly that the ABS was not powering up. An thanks for wiring diag.

abs.png

If Autozone can be believed, that is the wiring diagram for your ABS system. I can try to verify in Alldata tomorrow when I get to the shop. If you'd get me the code you're getting, I could either get a diag tree for you or write one from scratch. I work on cars for a living and somehow ABS and airbags became my specialties at my previous dealership.
cant get the code an that guy said he could not come back, any help is greatly apprecated, when you 1st key on no trac. lite comes on in dash but ABS does an the mod. does not click at power on. so a diag. tree, anything will help

I have a 97 Cobra with a ABS problem as well. I checked the wheel speed sensors, and they all have about 1600 ohms, and the voltage does vary when I spin the wheel on all sensors. I have replaced the ABS pump, and solenoids on the pump, but I used the same ABS module. I have another entire ABS unit with another module installed on it. Does anyone know if it will need to be programmed? It's off another cobra, same year. I'm going to try to install it, and see what happens.

I need a wiring diag. an a good trouble tree, from what I can find at the brake ecm connector pin8 is the ign.vts an I have ovts. Need some help here
I recently fought ABS demons with help from http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/brakes/abs98Diag.html. The site provides tests to perform with just a multimeter at the ABS module connector and links to illustrations of the pin number layout. I ended up sending my ABS module off for repair. My ABS light stayed on constantly and the TC lights never lit. Now everything works well.

I have a 97 Cobra with a ABS problem as well. I checked the wheel speed sensors, and they all have about 1600 ohms, and the voltage does vary when I spin the wheel on all sensors. I have replaced the ABS pump, and solenoids on the pump, but I used the same ABS module. I have another entire ABS unit with another module installed on it. Does anyone know if it will need to be programmed? It's off another cobra, same year. I'm going to try to install it, and see what happens.

I really do need it, grandson is out of money an so am I, Sure could use it an he leaves for college in 13 days an the school will not let them work off campus because of the virus. I got car over weekend rechecked everything an load tested wiring an it is the control box

Chad, You can have it, you would have to pay for shipping though. It's 14x8x11, and weighs 15 lbs., if you would like to estimate shipping charges. I live in Portland, OR 97230. Also, I can't guarantee the condition either. I got it from the wrecking yard like I said. I did bench test on the relays, and the motor, they are operational.