AC Compressor Short Cycling

Trent_97

Dec 17, 2016
I checked how much freon was in it and it checked out in the green, I then jumped the low pressure side switch and the clutch would run without short Cycling, so I thought it was the switch so I installed the new switch and it's doing the same thing the old switch does. Which is short Cycling I get no cool air at all I'm trying to avoid a garage because of the cost and I'm really needing AC. Does anybody have any other suggestions? I have a 2006 mustang gt.

• Sponsors (?)

Even when I'm adding refrigerant and it shows it's on the green scale? Should I just keep adding it?
If you're talking about one of those gauges on a can bought from a parts store or Walmart, those things are useless when it comes to measuring the amount of refrigerant in a system. Those are simply pressure gauges, rarely accurate ones at that, and only measure the low side of the system.

Find a shop you can trust to do an evacuate and recharge of the system. That's step one in proper A/C diagnosis, verifying the correct amount of refrigerant is in the system and it's not leaking.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have added the "A/C in a can fix" to the system, you could plug up, foul or mess up the shops A/C evacuation system (so my brother the certified mechanic tells me). He tells me that stuff is garbage.

If you have added the "A/C in a can fix" to the system, you could plug up, foul or mess up the shops A/C evacuation system (so my brother the certified mechanic tells me). He tells me that stuff is garbage.
This is true if the shop is using a machine without a refrigerant detector and filter (and even some with).