Adjustable Front Lower Control Arm, GT500 Brakes & Wheel Spacers

Here's what I want to do. I would like to install the GT500 Brembo calipers that I have sitting in my basement.

However, to fit them properly with my stock 18" Bullitt rims, I would need a full 1" spacer. The problem is that I can't use a spacer that large because of the 3" drop that I currently have with my Eibach Pro Stree-S coilovers. A spacer that large would locate the tire less that 1/8" from the fender lip. Mind you, the overall tire heigh is actually taller than the height of the fender, so the top of the tire actually sites higher than the opening of the fender.

Trying to conjure up a solution, it occurred to me that if they made a shorter front lower control arm, that it would move the entire wheel assembly inboard, and potentialy allow me to install a 1" wheel spacer. Surely enought, BMR makes an adjustable front lower control arm.

I already have Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates. The coilovers also have an oversized upper strut mount hole that permits a wide range of caster adjustment. I also have Steeda's bump steer kit to correct extreme toe angle.

Would BMRs adjustable front lower control arm solve my problem?

Please respect that I do not have any intention of altering the ride height or swapping out the rims. So that is not a solution.

AA019.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think you are going to get the adjustment you are looking for.

BMR claims that the adjustable lower control arm will move inboard by up to 9/16" on each side.

If I moved the lower end in by 9/16," this would cause the top of the tire to move outboard, producing a positive camber.

At that point, I could simply adjust the camber in the negative direction until it was back within factory specifications.

No?