Adjusting clutch problems

98E9GT

Dec 16, 2007
So i read the article on here about adjusting your stock clutch quadrant to put pressure on the TOB, cuz mine is really embarrassing at drive up windows. So when i adjust it up one notch, and i let the pedal out, it returns to stock place, is there something i can do to prevent this?

• Sponsors (?)

Replace the stock quadrant with an aftermarket or get a new clutch cable. Over time the cable will stretch and the quadrant can't be adjusted any further.

On another note if the throwout bearing is making noise it is probably going out.

HELLO EVERYONE! I AM NEW TO THE SITE AND ALSO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH ADJUSTING THE CLUTCH ON MY 03 GT. I RECENTLY HAD MY MECHANIC REPLACE THE STOCK ONE BECAUSE THE THROW OUT BEARING WAS MAKING A LOT OF NOISE WHEN I WOULD START THE CAR. ( ONLY WHEN COLD) WE PUT IN A SPEC STAGE 2 CLUTCH AND RESURFACED THE FLYWHEEL AND WHEN I START THE CAR COLD IT DOES THAT SAME EXACT NOISE WITH THE NEW CLUTCH N THROW OUT BEARING. COULD THAT NOISE BE SOMETHING ELSE? ANY HELP IS GLADLY APPRECIATED THANKS!

HAPPINESS IS A LOW E.T.

HELLO EVERYONE! I AM NEW TO THE SITE AND ALSO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH ADJUSTING THE CLUTCH ON MY 03 GT. I RECENTLY HAD MY MECHANIC REPLACE THE STOCK ONE BECAUSE THE THROW OUT BEARING WAS MAKING A LOT OF NOISE WHEN I WOULD START THE CAR. ( ONLY WHEN COLD) WE PUT IN A SPEC STAGE 2 CLUTCH AND RESURFACED THE FLYWHEEL AND WHEN I START THE CAR COLD IT DOES THAT SAME EXACT NOISE WITH THE NEW CLUTCH N THROW OUT BEARING. COULD THAT NOISE BE SOMETHING ELSE? ANY HELP IS GLADLY APPRECIATED THANKS!

To the OP. But a Steeda quadrant & cable adjuster. Then stop by the dealer and buy a new clutch cable. Install everything at the same time and adjust it. I just did all this to my can and it made a world of difference.