• Off-Topic Hangout

Ads of Infamy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter LILCBRA
  • Start date Start date Mar 3, 2021
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
Next
First Prev 5 of 6 Next Last

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Apr 15, 2023
#81
  • Apr 15, 2023
  • #81


Apparently Mac Haik's crooked ass has reached the "no low ballers, I know what I have" stage on a '97 V6/auto base model Mustang.
 
Reactions: General karthief
D

Deleted member 38176

Apr 17, 2023
#82
  • Apr 17, 2023
  • #82
MustangIIMatt said:
Apparently Mac Haik's crooked ass has reached the "no low ballers, I know what I have" stage on a '97 V6/auto base model Mustang.
Click to expand...

The price is still outlandish.....but DAMN that is clean as hell! Interior looks better than most S550's!
 

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Nov 11, 2023
#83
  • Nov 11, 2023
  • #83


Jackass trying to claim the engine with an Optispark timing cover and centerbolt valvecover is a "327 bored to 350"... Which would be a neat trick since a Chevy 327 and Chevy 350 have the same freaking bore.
 
Reactions: Ronin38

Ronin38

Blow all the things!
15 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
7,235
4,396
224
Dayton, OH
Nov 12, 2023
#84
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #84
Well, he's not lyin'!
 

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Nov 12, 2023
#85
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #85
Ronin38 said:
Well, he's not lyin'!
Click to expand...
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,626
234
Box behind Walmart
Nov 12, 2023
#86
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #86
Wait... Let's break this down:

The Ad says it's a 327 bored out to 350. It may be true that a 327 and 350 come with the same bore but you can still "over bore" a 327 until the total displacement is 350. The two engines have different strokes to account for differences in factory displacement.

It doesn't mention 4-bolt so, I imagine it's a regular ole' run-of-mil 327 that if I remember right, already made more power than most flat-tappet 350s wearing the same gear.

What did I miss?
 
Reactions: Ronin38

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,063
10,688
213
polk county florida
Nov 12, 2023
#87
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #87
Noobz347 said:
Wait... Let's break this down:

The Ad says it's a 327 bored out to 350. It may be true that a 327 and 350 come with the same bore but you can still "over bore" a 327 until the total displacement is 350. The two engines have different strokes to account for differences in factory displacement.

It doesn't mention 4-bolt so, I imagine it's a regular ole' run-of-mil 327 that if I remember right, already made more power than most flat-tappet 350s wearing the same gear.

What did I miss?
Click to expand...
Maybe you can't over bore a block to 350ci that is already 350ci
 

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Nov 12, 2023
#88
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #88
Noobz347 said:
Wait... Let's break this down:

The Ad says it's a 327 bored out to 350. It may be true that a 327 and 350 come with the same bore but you can still "over bore" a 327 until the total displacement is 350. The two engines have different strokes to account for differences in factory displacement.

It doesn't mention 4-bolt so, I imagine it's a regular ole' run-of-mil 327 that if I remember right, already made more power than most flat-tappet 350s wearing the same gear.

What did I miss?
Click to expand...
The Optispark timing cover that means the engine was either a 262 or 350 V8, and never a 327.
 

Bullitt347

I have been doing it wrong this whole time
15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
4,020
3,018
204
Middle of Maine
Nov 12, 2023
#89
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #89
Noobz347 said:
Wait... Let's break this down:

The Ad says it's a 327 bored out to 350. It may be true that a 327 and 350 come with the same bore but you can still "over bore" a 327 until the total displacement is 350. The two engines have different strokes to account for differences in factory displacement.



What did I miss?
Click to expand...
Can you bore a 327 out from 4.0 to 4.135? Is there that much material in a factory block?
To get 350 cid out of a 3.25" stroke engine, it needs a 4.135 bore.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,626
234
Box behind Walmart
Nov 12, 2023
#90
  • Nov 12, 2023
  • #90
Bullitt347 said:
Can you bore a 327 out from 4.0 to 4.135? Is there that much material in a factory block?
To get 350 cid out of a 3.25" stroke engine, it needs a 4.135 bore.
Click to expand...

That's what I'm wondering. I mean... He might have [had] to overbore.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,063
10,688
213
polk county florida
Nov 13, 2023
#91
  • Nov 13, 2023
  • #91
OK, it's a chevy engine.
Who cares? It's next job in the transportation world should be boat anchor.
 
Reactions: 2Blue2

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,532
5,531
194
Corn County USA
Nov 13, 2023
#92
  • Nov 13, 2023
  • #92
I especially like the "it's all original..... (except it's not)" line.....

And yeah, a 327 bored to 350 doesn't make a lot of sense. From what I've been told about those blocks, a .090" overbore is pushing it. It might be a 327 block with a 350 rotating assembly, but I highly doubt it's a 327 bored to make a 350.

How do you tighten a suspension that's missing the screws?!

Seems to me that it's written by someone who's missing a few more screws than the car....
 

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mod Dude
Mar 5, 2019
4,446
2,910
163
Oahu
Nov 13, 2023
#93
  • Nov 13, 2023
  • #93
Don’t forget ‘ran when parked’...
 
Reactions: Ronin38

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,532
5,531
194
Corn County USA
Dec 20, 2023
#94
  • Dec 20, 2023
  • #94
Ummmmm..........






Disclaimer: I have one of these too. This is not mine nor do I have it listed anywhere.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,626
234
Box behind Walmart
Dec 21, 2023
#95
  • Dec 21, 2023
  • #95
What wrong with that ad?
 

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Dec 21, 2023
#96
  • Dec 21, 2023
  • #96
Noobz347 said:
What wrong with that ad?
Click to expand...
Listed as a Weiand when it's an Offenhauser.

Hell it's not just any Offy, it's the notoriously bad 360.
 
Reactions: Noobz347

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,532
5,531
194
Corn County USA
Dec 21, 2023
#97
  • Dec 21, 2023
  • #97
MustangIIMatt said:
Listed as a Weiand when it's an Offenhauser.

Hell it's not just any Offy, it's the notoriously bad 360.
Click to expand...

I pegged my 7k rpm rev limiter with it in my car before I turned it down to 6k. It's just a split single plane and from what I remember most every other single plane outperforms it. I think they did it to try to give more high end power but still retain the lower end torque, then found out it didn't really work. Offy was pretty good at experimenting, probably not so good at releasing products that worked as advertised....

I still have the manifold if anyone's interested. I noticed a lot of improvement when I swapped to the ProComp knock off of the Performer RPM air gap and most likely will never use it for anything again.
 
Reactions: Adieu

Adieu

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 7, 2002
9,531
5,187
224
Dec 21, 2023
#98
  • Dec 21, 2023
  • #98
LILCBRA said:
I noticed a lot of improvement when I swapped to the ProComp knock off of the Performer RPM air gap...
Click to expand...

Yup, that Offy was so bad that a Chinese copy of an Edelbrock intake is better.

The crazy thing is that if I still had delusions of building a rat rod someday I'd probably buy it from you since it's old as hell and performance wouldn't matter.
 
Reactions: LILCBRA

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,626
234
Box behind Walmart
Dec 21, 2023
#99
  • Dec 21, 2023
  • #99
I posted a 'rat-rod' that's been scratching my brain lately, into another thread around here. I think it's a one-and-a-half ton. LoL

I'd use something like this for my cruise control setting:





It would need to be able to roast those tires.
 
J

Jarhead67

5 Year Member
Nov 24, 2018
172
64
38
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Dec 25, 2023
#100
  • Dec 25, 2023
  • #100
Ryuk said:
Lol. You losers don't know what hood stacks are. They go right next to the speed holes.
Click to expand...
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
Next
First Prev 5 of 6 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Hello from Washington State!
  • Daddys Lil Filly
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
210
The Welcome Wagon Jun 10, 2026
Daddys Lil Filly
For Sale 2003 Mustang Gt
  • 2003 mustang gt modded
  • Dec 17, 2025
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
1
Views
444
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Dec 17, 2025
2003 mustang gt modded
Opinions on a possible project car w/ pics
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
10
Views
370
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Mar 30, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
Looking forward to collaborating with my new community
  • phil2001svt
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
440
The Welcome Wagon Yesterday at 10:49 PM
phil2001svt
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
187
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Off-Topic Hangout
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?