advise time

I have a 96 Gt Auto convertible which is stock except for the usual flowmasters, K&N Drop in filter, and air silence removed. Its all payed for (my dad gave me it, he bought in new in 96) , but should I build this car up (PI HEADS, stall converter, Nitrous, cams, gears, suspension, or KB, etc.) or save my money and find a 5.0...its a question that i always wonder. I like the car but I want power so I can beat ricers and some LS1s.

P.S. If I saved money for a 5.0 it would be like for three years which would give me loads of cash to play with... Im starting my senior year of high school this september

• Sponsors (?)

CAMAROEATER01 said:
u guys think i can get in the mid 12s with heads, cam, stall converter, gears, lts, mid pipe, and drag radials????
With P&P heads, Good cams, 4.10s, and probably 3200 or higher stall, and all that other stuff. Yes, I think its possible to get at least high 12s.
Top that off with nitrous and you're at 11 second range I would think.

I havent been to the track since I was bone stock and it wasnt pretty. I plan to go soon. I'll post or PM you with some #'s in the next couple of weeks. It cant be that fast 213hp and 260tq I really need a tune. I think I can pick up anywhere from 15 to 20 more hp due to the spike in compression.

I have always wanted to get a blown 5.0 body and put my 4.6 in it w/ 4.6 badging =)
u guys think i can get in the mid 12s with heads, cam, stall converter, gears, lts, mid pipe, and drag radials????
You would definately want a cage...that is the next thing i plan on getting for my car.
My car ran 12's on THE SQUEEZE but now that motor has burnt rings. Weight reduction is a big key for the verts...Mine w/ me half a tank of gas and an 80lb stereo was 3,670lbs! Good luck to ya man. I wanna see some numbers soon =)