Exhaust AEM AFR no reading at idle Placement issue ?

Hey guys im trying to get an idle reading with my aem wideband I get all the readings during acceleration But nothing at idle, obviously leaks can cause a lean situation but mine is no reading at all and also dont see or hear leaks. I also completed the sensor test with a PASS using a rag and gas i got 10 rich with it out of the car.

So heres my thoughst im about 40" from the header (shortys) max is 18 im thinking of moving the sensor up to 18, Thoughts? i don't see 20 inches of movement helping my situation but for maybe 5$ and some welding its worth a try

sbf 306 600 cfm carb,

• Sponsors (?)

40in from the head shouldn’t be too far to get a reading, long as it’s not at the end of the exhaust pipe. The only time I had issues with showing full lean at idle is when the sensor was going out. Mine would show a/f then it was under throttle, but it was spotty. It was only about a month after I owned the unit, and of course the sensor itself isn’t warrantied.

Replaced the sensor and it’s been going strong for a year now.

40in from the head shouldn’t be too far to get a reading, long as it’s not at the end of the exhaust pipe. The only time I had issues with showing full lean at idle is when the sensor was going out. Mine would show a/f then it was under throttle, but it was spotty. It was only about a month after I owned the unit, and of course the sensor itself isn’t warrantied.

Replaced the sensor and it’s been going strong for a year now.

this sensor i just took out of the box as the last one was full lean all the time, but between that time and now i redid my exhaust and moved thr location to only one downpipe rather than both sides. it understood gas on a rag so yeah im super confused, so i went to the store grabbed an o2 bung and im welding it in the x pipe so it gets a reading and more exhaust from both sides, hopefully, it works this way.

I wouldn’t put it on the x pipe.

Ideally it’s right at the downpipe, mounted fairly vertical if you can. I just put mine right about where the factory o2 sensor would be.

That’s a little odd it would recognize the full rich condition. And you said it reads while under acceleration? What afr?