AFR 185 guys stand up

• Sponsors (?)

i'm thinking a comp xe-274 cam, afr 185s and a rpm ii, holley, or track heat intake with the 331 would be a very strong combo

i'd like to hit 425 hp on an engine dyno with that combo

That's a tall order. That's 1.28HP per cubic inch. It's possible but I'd think the combo would need to be more aggressive. A Holley is a better choice for those heads. The Eddy lower doesn't line up at all with the 185's (I had both at the time of my engine build). I went with a wild exhaust system on mine (1 3/4 headers w/3 inch collector and full 3 inches all the way back). Good luck.

i am interested in learning how to build a motor, i will have a 302 block sitting around soon after the 410 goes in, i have a bunch of stuff for a 331 that i have collected, and my engine builder is putting together a dyno room, so i am contemplating building a 331 for the learning experience, getting it dynoed, and then selling it at cost.

i may just use these windsor senior heads i have in my basement

i doubt i'll get the money i put into it back, but the learning experience will be worth it.
That's a tall order. That's 1.28HP per cubic inch. It's possible but I'd think the combo would need to be more aggressive. A Holley is a better choice for those heads. The Eddy lower doesn't line up at all with the 185's (I had both at the time of my engine build). I went with a wild exhaust system on mine (1 3/4 headers w/3 inch collector and full 3 inches all the way back). Good luck.

i am talking about at the flywheel, not at the rear wheels.

i am interested in learning how to build a motor, i will have a 302 block sitting around soon after the 410 goes in, i have a bunch of stuff for a 331 that i have collected, and my engine builder is putting together a dyno room, so i am contemplating building a 331 for the learning experience, getting it dynoed, and then selling it at cost.

i may just use these windsor senior heads i have in my basement

i doubt i'll get the money i put into it back, but the learning experience will be worth it.

i am talking about at the flywheel, not at the rear wheels.

Me too.

Time is the most expensive thing in this hobby imop.

I spend way to much time on this hobby...between wrenching, cleaning, tuning two Mustangs...then add internet time, hangouts on the weekends...good grief!