Aftermarket Front Seat Recommendations

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
I know I haven't been here for awhile. I did clean out my notifications before starting this thread. We have come to the point where the OEM seats on the 94' Cobra are not worth repairing. I am looking for recommendations on good seats for an SN. Leather is a requirement, good side bolster would be nice. Going to be using the factory seat belts, so 5 point compatibility is not necessary. Let loose, and share your experiences.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like to have a set of these-
IMG_1773.jpg

But man are they proud of them lol

These aren't aftermarket, but I would like to do this.

@Bossed put a set of S550 seats in his son's '92. He had to modify the seat frames a bit. Damn it looks good though.
IMG_0665.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
These aren't aftermarket, but I would like to do this.

@Bossed put a set of S550 seats in his son's '92. He had to modify the seat frames a bit. Damn it looks good though.
IMG_0665.JPG
Wonder how easily they'd fit in a SN car?:scratch:
You're right Dave-those seats look killer in there-those corbeau seats I posted look very similar. I don't care for the stereo placement though :D

You could always try and find a set of Recaro out of on of the Shelbys.
I like the s550 seats a lot. Gonna have to keep and eye open for a set

The Recaros are going for $2800 to $6000 a set out of wrecked cars. lol

I would turn an eye to a nice set of seats from just about any OEM. Maybe you could find some Caddy seats or something that are as nice but not selling for a first born son.

Checkout the driver/pass seat in this set:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=282391713056

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=132208288193

Reactions: 1 user
I had a set of Corbeu leather A4's and loved them but they werent cheap. Kurt, how much are you looking to spend? TMI also has many choices to recover any stock seat in different materials and patterns.

I am about to use some aggressive language. F*CK TMI. This all started because we tried to use their replacement foam to refurbish the factory seats. We trimmed and tailored their factory replacement foam as much as possible, and it is still like sitting on a blue whale that ate a barrel of beans with chili. Never buy anything from TMI, that was $200.00 and 10 hours flushed down the drain. After finally coming out with a properly bloated whale of a seat that was finished but unusable, we took it to a professional upholstery repair that made it clear that TMI was garbage, and we needed to replace everything with quality materials.

Kurt

Last edited:
I am leaning towards something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-PVC-LEAT...ash=item2ee1e570ac:g:9~AAAOSwl8NVZUxl&vxp=mtr

I know it's a little bit of fab work on the brackets, and we don't intend to install the useless 4 point harnesses. I question the quality of ebay stuff, but this is not a daily driver, and it might be worth it.

Kurt
Your butt will not like them, at least mine didn't, not much padding, after 45 min. ride mine was numb, but then I'm a bit skinny, er, I mean slender. Your choice but I don't think your gonna beat a newer stock seat, I'd love to get a set of focus rs chairs.

I am about to use some aggressive language. F*CK TMI. This all started because we tried to use their replacement foam to refurbish the factory seats. We trimmed and tailored their factory replacement foam as much as possible, and it is still like sitting on a blue whale that ate a barrel of beans with chili. Never buy anything from TMI, that was $200.00 and 10 hours flushed down the drain. After finally coming out with a properly bloated whale of a seat that was finished but unusable, we took it to a professional upholstery repair that made it clear that TMI was garbage, and we needed to replace everything with quality materials.

Kurt

Wow Kurt, sorry to hear that. Did you ever get a hold of the TMI rep on this board and express your displeasure.