Aftermarket Fuel Rail and stock lines?

95_5.0_stang

Apr 16, 2005
Lansing, MI.
I've done quite a few searches but couldn't come up with an answer to this question.

A couple months ago the engine bay on my car caught fire due to the factory fuel line quick disconnect failing. This totaled the car but luckily I was able to salvage the turbo and some other motor parts. So to make sure this doesn't happen again I was going to go with all AN fittings. Can I use a aftermarket fuel rail such as Aeromotive, with my stock fuel lines that run from the tank to the engine bay? Size wise, are they ok with the bigger fuel rail? For fuel pump I'm using 255lph intank and 42lb injectors. What rails do you recommend that won't hit distributor or stock intake? What fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I used the Aeromotive 5.0 fuel rail kit that came with the rails, boost ref regulator, AN lines, fuel pressure guage, and adapters to hook to the stock lines. Had to swap to a MSD Pro Billet distributor and add a half inch intake spacer to clear the rails. This is the same set up my buddy used and has had nothing but good to say about it. I am not done putting my car together so i cant say from personal experience tho. The tech notes with this kit do note that you will need to add a larger return line to accomodate a larger pump. Good luck :nice: