Aftermarket fuel rail install pics.

invertmast

Founding Member
Dec 12, 2001
North Port, FL
got started on the fuel system stuff today.. Fuel rails, regulator and $390 worth of AN fittings and line were installed.... damn im starting to hate Fuel injection stuff. LOL. and i've still got to run the lines from the tank to the front.. ugh..

View attachment 390233
fuelsys.jpg

fuelsys-1.jpg

View attachment 390236
View attachment 390237

Setup:
dual 255LPH hi pressure intank pumps. (kept intanks b/c the car will be a open track car)
-10an from pumps to 10micron Aeromotive filter
-10 from the filter to the Y block
-8 from Y block to fuel rails
Proffessional products fuel rails (I DO NOT recommend them, took forever to get them not to leak)
-8 From Fuel rails to Fuel Pressure Regulator
-8 from FPR to Gas tank.

Should provide me with enough fuel to support my HP goals.. if not i'll pull the intanks and drop on a A1000

Now.. the Proffessional products fuel rails absolutely suck'd. When first installed and primed the system they leaked like crazy. So I pulled them off to make sure they were seated correctly, then re-installed them. still leaked. after 2 more attempts, i found some o-rings that were the righ size and not god-awfully large and placed them between the fuel-rails and the injectors (and still had the ones on the injectors installed). Installed the fuel rails and bolted them down.
the lake stopped.

they make the bore for the fuel injectors in the rails waayyy to big so they done compress the o-ring and seal at all.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have any details on the braided line you ran from your inlet tube to your IAC? I need to replace mine, and that looks kinda cool.

Interested in any adapters, size of fittings, etc.

Cheers ;)

no idea.. i "think" its -12 which makes it 3/4" ID. it goes over the IAC somewhat loose so the clamp has to be really wrenched down on. I just got a x/x" NPT to 3/4" hose barb fitting and a bung i could weld on for my boost pipe, then clamped the hose to that and then the IAC.

cost me all of $20