Aftermarket heads/power steering stud

• Sponsors (?)

I don't understand why this is so hard to get answer to....The heads have the standard 3 smaller holes on the front, but the upper PS stud uses a 4th hole, the air injection port hole w an adapter.....the new heads do not have air injection. As most aftermarket heads.....Someone who has put aftermarket heads on knows the answer.

I am sure you may be correct. I have never done this myself and figured that pictures may help with they guys who are trying to help. I agree with @General karthief that they "should" line up. Since they are not, a visual reference might help him or someone else give a better answer. That is all I was suggesting.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never heard of anyone having issues with aftermarket heads and stock ps, maybe just maybe you've gotten something mixed up? Try stepping back for a moment, rethinking things and checkout some pics of engines with aftermarket heads. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Mine have the hole. Which one are you missing?
701B92A1-BDF9-49E8-8F84-CDEE6965E149.jpeg

The air injection hole top right, the one w the bolt in it. Those must be smog compliant heads.

they are, but in searching the net, I am yet to see any that don’t offer the 3 holes. Most lack the 4th hole to bolt the smog tube on, and even a set of cheap ebay China heads has that hole.

what heads don’t have that hole?

What heads? Can we get a picture? I’ve never seen ones that wouldn’t work. My AFRs have it and so did my brother’s Edelbrocks.

I guess you could have a machine shot drill and tap some for you.

For the 3rd time mine have the 3 holes, but not the 4th air injection hole, the top most right highest hole w the bolt in it.....
Non-smog heads still have 3 holes with the hole in the right spot for the stud.

What heads do you have? Or at least show a picture of the problem.

Last edited:
What is so hard to understand that the upper PS stud screws into an adapter that screws into air injection hole that I dont have......Plz dont reply unless you know the solution.....

Wow, it sounds like anger management classes are in order. What is the big deal about providing more info and a couple of pics?
I will check which holes in the head the bracket in my car uses when I have some light tomorrow.