Aftermarket Steering Wheel Thread

BullittStangV8

Founding Member
Oct 5, 2002
NJ
It seems the resto mod trend is growing, so post up pics of your aftermarket steering wheel combos, size, company, part number if available, ect. Also post size of the wheel, and any opinions on it. (Added effort, feel..)

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Grant 774 with the 3294 adapter kit.

1770.jpg

It's a 14", but a bit smaller than I thought it would be. It has a nice thick grip and you need it as the smaller diameter makes the turning effort higher.

The instructions could be better, I had to take it off, 'cause I didn't put the spring in that (as I found out) holds the bearing in.

Also I'm having issues with the signal cancelling mechanism. I used the one from the old wheel. I'm going to try the two roll pins that come with it to see if it's better.

Other than that, I like it. It gives me the extra leg room I lost with the '88 mustang GT seats. And the turning effort won't be an issue when I go to a power R&P...someday...

steeringwheel01.jpg

Grant Challenger 860. 13-3/4" diameter, 2-1/4" dish. I had to cut about 2" off of my turn signal lever because of clearance issues (the pic is before I cut it down), but that wasn't too difficult to do. Installation was easy and I have power steering so I don't really notice any difference in effort needed due to the smaller wheel size. And it looks a heck of a lot better than the stock steering wheel.

-Chelle

Grant Classic Series, with 3249 installation kit, I think is 13" or 14" in dia. It definetively has a better grip, in the effort aspect is almost the same.

IMG_2560_web.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2560_web.jpg
    IMG_2560_web.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 622
Lecarra Mark 9 Elegante Steering Wheels...
with the adapter made for it and the polished horn button. i had the grant classic before but it got old and worn so i upgraded, it was always a little small for me and this is .5" larger in diameter (14"). its leather wrapped and feels great and does well for turning since i don't have power steering.
1guagepanel3sm3mr.jpg

Attachments

• 1guagepanel3sm3mr.jpg
    1guagepanel3sm3mr.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 105
I have a Grant Signature 3-spoke wheel with a wood rim. It's about 14" in diameter and has a good feel. The spokes have a satin finish. The horn switch works about half the time..... Currently I am using the standard adapter but one of these days I'm gonna break down and get the billet adapter and trim for it just for looks.

Sorry but I have no picture to post.