Ahh yes...wheel hop

V6&V8SHO

Jan 20, 2006
Is there any modifacation short of a solid axle that I can do to reduce wheel hop with the IRS?

Ive read that 03 and 04 cobras have had alteration to the IRS setup to help reduce the amount of wheel hop.

• Sponsors (?)

brace, bushings, etc. They have a couple kits on ebay with a bunch of parts. look under the New Edge Cobra section at SVTperformance.com, they have every answer you could look for in the Sticky Threads.

95 yellow 5 0 said:
brace, bushings, etc. They have a couple kits on ebay with a bunch of parts. look under the New Edge Cobra section at SVTperformance.com, they have every answer you could look for in the Sticky Threads.

Ok I think pretty much any question I have can be answered there in the FAQ. Thanks alot for the link.

V6&V8SHO said:
Is there any modifacation short of a solid axle that I can do to reduce wheel hop with the IRS?

Ive read that 03 and 04 cobras have had alteration to the IRS setup to help reduce the amount of wheel hop.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=626081

searchfirst.gif

U.M.

Attachments

• searchfirst.gif
    searchfirst.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 89
tomustang said:
there's like 4 people in all of this section, you should be lucky someone is posting a thread in here, even if it is the same question over again :D
I know.... but this EXACT same topic had just been covered in "tech" the day prior. In fact the post in Tech covering same subject was the 4th from the top!

If the question hasn't been covered in a week or two I usually don't mind repeating things, but this time it had been less than 24 hours and the Tech areas are indexed so a search for "wheel and hop" would have given him all the information he was asking for...

U.M.

Sometimes I cant get the most relavent topic in the search. Though it usually works well. The link I received in my topic here to SVTperformance is all you need to know about wheel hop and how to solve it. No other need for more questions about the IRS after reading that. I even made it a bookmark in my Mustang folder.