Air Fuel Ratio

Beasly B

Jan 7, 2006
Virginia
I installed my lm1 today, but I did'nt install the rpm adapter yet. I was just reading some threads on air fuel ratio about how 13.5 is about the best for the most power. My question is that a full throttle at any rpm or at a certain rpm should you acheive that. I don't know alot about the tuning part yet, I am getting set up for my supercharger kit in about a couple of weeks and trying to learn how to use my tuning stuff. Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

For a n/a combo shoot for around 13.0:1 @ WOT and hard throttle. I tuned my car starting from a low 13 across and work its way down to a high 12 up top. I wanna be safe at 6,700 rpm :)

For a blower car i'd shoot for a mid 11.

I tune on the street with a datalogging wideband. You'll get a better tune this way as the street puts a real load on the car vs a weak 4th gear chassis dyno pull.

Whatever you tune the engine to on a chassis dyno it WILL be leaner on the street.

how do you have your rpm's hooked up? I have the rpm adapter but I don't have it hooked up yet. My msd 6al box has a 2 prong female lead off of it but I don't think that's the tach adapter. I don't really know how to hook it up. Any suggestions?

The + side of the rpm converter goes to the tach port on the side of your msd. It should be a single male port. Then you run a ground from the - side of the rpm converter.

The 2 prong port you're talking about sounds like the chip rev limiter.

You should have the port. I know my friend had it on his 6al because I wired the tach up to it.

If you really don't have it, splice it to the - side of the ignition coil. Make a good splice though and heat shrink the connection.

I think I found it, is it a male spade recessed into the box? Right beside this spade there is 6 inch lead that has the 2 prong plug i've been talking about. I just have'nt looked real good until now, the box is kinda hidden.