Alarm/Starter Help!!!

antinem3sis

Jul 11, 2010
Okay, I'm going to type this story in the shortest words possible..

So I have a 2004 3.9L Mustang V6.
I put a stereo in my car but my dumbas* cut the stock harness off and hardwired my stereo...Stereo works fine but now my car wont start. When I turn the key it wont even make a sound at all...Light keep blinking in my dash indicating "Theft"...I think my car thinks someone is trying to hotwire it or something idk...Does anyone know how I could reset my alarm or idk something...Help please!

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

First, did you check the FUSES? Many circuits are "always" on and if you didn't disconnect the battery, it could have easily shorted out when you cut the wire.

Check the fuses in the engine bay. There is a 2nd fuse panel by the driver's kick panel.

Next, check that you re-connected all of the black ground wires. There are several other sub-components that share the radio's ground (Cluster, GEM, cruise control, AC blower motor, and others).

The alarm is sometimes tripped by disconnecting the battery. Try unlocking the driver's door with the key. Also lock/unlock with the remote FOB>

Turn the key on but do not crank. Does the theft light go out after a 3 second "prove out"? If not, STOP and find out why.

Now try to start the car. Does the theft light blink during cranking? If so, STOP and find out why.