almost makes me want to convert to a 4 eye

BTW, those tinted headlight covers for 4-eyes are garbage. My car had a set on it when I bought it, and they were useless. Couldn't see a damn thing at night, they trapped road debris, and the attachment pieces looked like crap when the covers were out.

• Sponsors (?)

BTW, those tinted headlight covers for 4-eyes are garbage. My car had a set on it when I bought it, and they were useless. Couldn't see a damn thing at night, they trapped road debris, and the attachment pieces looked like crap when the covers were out.

That's exactly why i haven't got them. I love how they look on but they look stupid off because of the clips, and you can't drive at night with them so i don't wanna deal with taking them off all the time.

+1

I actually like that old style nose, but it needs the side skirts to balance it out. If you look at that car, the front looks massive, and the sides and rear look dinky.

Eh, it's more of an optical illusion. The front end isn't any lower than the rest of the car except the rear bumper, it just sticks out more at the sides.

Looks huge:
DSC00778.jpg

Not so much:
DSC00767.jpg

It just levels out the nose with the bottom of the car. I'm so used to looking at it that any other nose, especially aero LX noses, look to me like they have a really bad under bite and no chin.

Attachments

• DSC00778.jpg
    DSC00778.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00767.jpg
    DSC00767.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 114
That's exactly why i haven't got them. I love how they look on but they look stupid off because of the clips, and you can't drive at night with them so i don't wanna deal with taking them off all the time.

Eh, it's more of an optical illusion. The front end isn't any lower than the rest of the car except the rear bumper, it just sticks out more at the sides.

Looks huge:
DSC00778.jpg

Not so much:
DSC00767.jpg

It just levels out the nose with the bottom of the car. I'm so used to looking at it that any other nose, especially aero LX noses, look to me like they have a really bad under bite and no chin.

:drool: Gimme your front end :)

There is actually a 79 pace car top bumper cover without the lower valence on ebay right now... Idk how hard the lower valence would be to find though. If I remember correctly the bid was at like 220 or so.

Attachments

• DSC00778.jpg
    DSC00778.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00767.jpg
    DSC00767.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 151
:drool: Gimme your front end :)

There is actually a 79 pace car top bumper cover without the lower valence on ebay right now... Idk how hard the lower valence would be to find though. If I remember correctly the bid was at like 220 or so.

The last time i was on ebay looking at these noses was back before i had mine ('03), and there was one on there complete with fog lights that sold for $450 and it was far from mint condition. If you can score the top section for a decent price, you can get by with the Xenon lower and it'll look close enough. If i ever hit something and bust mine that's the route i plan on taking. I actually like the Xenon a little better because it's all one piece instead of 3, but they require some creative mounting to get them on (screws).

Attachments

• XE-3129.jpg
    XE-3129.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 158
I saw it, but it was out of stock lol. The one he posted is only 170 dollars too ;) Its gettin saved into my links for when the time comes... Now I just need to get a 79 pacecar/82 gt upper half of the front bumper cover.. Muahahaha

Realize though, the cheaper one is fiberglass, which cracks and shatters when hit. The LRS one is urethane and will tolerate more abuse.

There's pros and cons to both. Your stock bumper is not fiberglass. ;)

Realize though, the cheaper one is fiberglass, which cracks and shatters when hit. The LRS one is urethane and will tolerate more abuse.

There's pros and cons to both. Your stock bumper is not fiberglass. ;)

Hmmm, this is a good observation.. well LRS better have some in stock when I am ready to buy mine haha. I wonder if that valence will attach to the grill I have now.. Would be kinda interesting to see how that would look. Also I am sure there is some way the fog lights mount to via some kind of support bar..

Hmmm, this is a good observation.. well LRS better have some in stock when I am ready to buy mine haha. I wonder if that valence will attach to the grill I have now.. Would be kinda interesting to see how that would look. Also I am sure there is some way the fog lights mount to via some kind of support bar..

It says that it will ship in 7 days. Maybe they just drop ship that part, and never keep it in stock.