Alright guys, thinking about going STROKER!!

KlrSnk

Jun 21, 2006
The '90 GT will be in my driveway by the end of the week and I think that I want to do a 347 stroker combo. What all is involved in a stroking a motor, ive looked at kits on line and stuff. Just looking for a little advice / info.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You first need to decide what the car is going to be used for street, strip. or street/strip. You need to think about what horsepower you are lloking to make. There are a lot of people here on the site that can help you put the motor together, but there is a lot more than just deciding to stroke a block. It is an investment.

You first need to decide what the car is going to be used for street, strip. or street/strip. You need to think about what horsepower you are lloking to make. There are a lot of people here on the site that can help you put the motor together, but there is a lot more than just deciding to stroke a block. It is an investment.

Mostly strip use, the '92 is my street car and its alot of fun, but I want something with more power, would like 500+ with a supercharger/maybe turbo.

Then you may want to look into a stronger block, the 302 is rated to hold 650 i believe. Maybe a four bolt main block. Or if thats too far out of budget look into getting a DSS racing block. The DSS level 10 and 20 blocks come bored .030 over already.

Then you may want to look into a stronger block, the 302 is rated to hold 650 i believe. Maybe a four bolt main block. Or if thats too far out of budget look into getting a DSS racing block. The DSS level 10 and 20 blocks come bored .030 over already.

I was planning on picking up a Dart or DSS block, was going to ask which block would work better for me.

Dont buy a DSS block they are a complete waste of money. They are still stock blocks no matter how much crap you do to them.

Theres a lot involved in what your talking about and it seems like you have a lot to learn, more than we can explain in one thread, you cant just drop a 500hp motor in an otherwise stock foxbody.