Alright help me diagnose if the HG went

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
Just drained the oil & coolant.

The oil was pretty dark, which is odd since I just put fresh stuff in 3 days ago. It wasnt foamy, but it was a little cloudy. I also saw a nice glimmer of sparkles, so I;m hoping those sparkles arent the remainder of my bearings. :nonono:

Plus the oil smells really bad, almost like friction modifier.

Im 95% sure it sounds like HG's, am I far off?

• Sponsors (?)

Like I said its pretty dark, but it still has alot of viscosity, its still is slippery like oil.

I cant feel any shavings, but like I said I can see some tiny little glitters.

My rad was only like 1/2 full, but the reservoir still was alomst full??? If the rad was low wouldnt it pull more coolant from the overflow?

Like Isaid in the other thread at the track the hose from the rad to the overflow came off during a pass, but I filled the reservoir back up assuming that if the rad needed more fluid it would pull it from the overflow.

The coolant looks normal, doesnt apppear to be any oil in it.

Well this surprised me. I filled it back up with coolant, only to have a pretty serious drip from somewhere in the middle of the engine. That def scares me.

I guess it COULD be a cracked lower manifold? Oor it could be a crack in the block?? I dont know where its coming from, so I'm not even gonna try to crank it over.

There was still almost 7qts of oil in the pan, and there wasnt really oil on the bottom of the engine, which is what I would think would happen if the block was cracked.

I'm having it pressure tested next week, so its gonna sit for a little bit. :(

Ouch... That doesn't sound good at all.

bandaid.gif

Just for your awesome ride!

Edit: Not to get you side tracked, but you do have a week to wait, I guess. Anyway, in your video section. Joe vs. Blue Fox body.wmv = Silver stang vs Silver Lightning. What's with them running side by side all the way down the track with the same trap speed, but the times being a second different? :shrug: http://imageevent.com/jtkz13/videos;jsessionid=2fvtcfpvc2.zebra_s?p=16&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2