Alright, who was it?

• Sponsors (?)

miner_060606.jpg

"Hey mom! Look, I'm on TV!!!"

Reckless Driving is a criminal offense. Harder to prove, but stiffer penalties. The prosecutor will probably drop it down to speed racing. I'm surprised they both weren't charged with attempting to elude a police officer, since the first one (pictured above) took off after he was stopped.

Not exactly the brightest bulbs in the pack. IMO take their Mustangs and auction 'em, and cancel driver's licenses for a while.

Does wonders to improve our image with the public too. You guys ever notice that when someone does something stupid in a mustang, it always says the "Mustang" in the title of the story, where as if it were any other car, it would just say "car"? That irks me. That is why mustangs get a stereotype.:nonono:

A couple of months ago I was on my way over to a buddy's house in my 'vert when I had to detour due to some construction. I made a wrong turn and had to turn around. This was in a residential neighborhood and up ahead there was an old guy (probably late 70's) walking his two kickdogs. As I started to head his way, he started waving the standard "slow down" sign at me with great gusto. I stopped in front of him and he yelled:
"It's 25 here!"
Me: "How fast do you think I was going?"
Him: "Over 25!"
Me: "When you started waving at me, I was going 20. The fastest I went since then was 24. If you want to be a police officer, join the force. Have a nice day sir."

and drove off. A lot of people think that because you're driving a car with a V8 and loud pipes, you're automatically speeding or doing something wrong. It's morons like Mark Miner that make it difficult for the rest of us.

yeah it really sucks when people give mustangs a bad name. I noticed that in most of the news articles about that kid that did 145 in the SRT didnt mention the make and model of the car. Its simply sensationalism, what illicits a better response, two cars racing, or two mustangs racing.

What sucks is, in a very small way we are all at risk to be messed with more now.

And wythors, I totally feel you on that one. I get the "slow down" yelled at me or gestured in parking lots and stuff, usually when I'm doing 10-15mph. Especially in Lake Oswego.

I keep an eye on news stories about cars. I see lots of different kinds of cars identified, Mustang or not. You think you see Mustang more often because you notice it more, since you own one. Reality is, the news prints the info they got. If they know what kind of car it was, they say so. Otherwise they don't.

And wythors, I totally feel you on that one. I get the "slow down" yelled at me or gestured in parking lots and stuff, usually when I'm doing 10-15mph. Especially in Lake Oswego.
Happens to everyone. Take it from someone with a huge wing ... keep the speed down and stay in a high gear cruising through residential neighborhoods. It really isn't what you drive, it's how much noise you make that gets people yelling 'slow down'. We like loud exhaust, so we have to put up with the boneheads.

Dave