Alternatives to LSC rear rotors and pads?

tuhockey11

Apr 7, 2003
PA
I bought my car with the 5 lug 4 wheel disc setup using Lincoln LSC rear pads and rotors. The rear pads and rotors are pretty much shot. I went to autozone and they dont stock either and to order them, they want outrageous prices. Anyways, is there any other rotor/pad combo I can just bolt on and use the existing calipers? Maybe from a 94-95 GT?

• Sponsors (?)

You could convert to an SN95 rear brake setup, but the calipers, pads, and rotors (and maybe the brake hoses) are all going to be different. Costly, but they should perform a bit better.

Also, don't know if you've already got an adjustable brake proportioning valve, or just a different one already in place to accomodate the LSC rear discs, but if you're running the stock Fox BPR, you'll need to swap that out, too, or your rear ones will be grabbing before (and harder than) your fronts, which can result in some pretty hairy situations. :eek:

Thanks for the info, I think I need to re-do what was done before I got the car. Wish I woud have bought it with the stock setup. He still has a factory master cylinder and power booster (which should hacve been changed I beleive), and the power booster is going bad. Every time i hit the brakes there is a whoohing sound under the dash.

I bought my set on ebay. Found a place with them for sale, $29.99 each:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ryZ33563QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

They are located a few miles from my work.

Just make sure what year you have. The brakes were one style from 84-90 and then they changed them in 91 to a different style, closer to the SN95 brakes, but I don't think they are exacly the same.

Oh, and definately get a disc MC, booster and the adjustable PV. I almost lost it in wet weather with my car once, the rear swung around on me. I cranked that adj. PV to the max reduction after that!

The brakes are also identical to 84-86 Mustang SVO's

You def want to address the MC and booster prob. Leaving a lot of performance on the table by not havint the right parts.

Thanks for the help guys. My question is, if I have no problems with the brakes (rears grabbing hard, etc), should I still change to the other master and booster? I know I need a booster regardless as mine is leaking, but just wondering. Also, do I just get the parts for the year LSC brakes I have, or what? Im assuming it should all bolt up to the fox parts, correct?> thanks again guys

By not using a disc MC you are not using the full potential of the rear disc brakes like Mike said. There is no where near enough fluid pumped by a drum brake MC when used with disc rear brakes. But on the otherhand, not using an adj. PV with a disc MC will give you too much rear bias and cause the problems I encountered. Right now, you are basically not even using the rear brakes at all.

Really depends on what brakes you have on the fronts. I have a 95 MC with 13" Cobra style front brakes. If you have the 73MM Mark VII front brakes, then the SVO MC would be a good choice.

The stock PV is located at the front of the combination valve, the block under the MC that the lines all go to. You will have to do a 3 to 2 port conversion, gut the stocker and get a solid plug, and other things. See http://sn95brakes.com the 5 lug section for more info if you haven't already. And you might want to get a 93 Cobra booster or 94-95 booster (needs some firewall mods to fit) to get a good pedal feel.